When you go to reinsert drive shaft will it slide all the way in and still not be connected right or will it stop before being fully inserted if not connecting right.

\

I pulled mine and greased it and it slid right back in no probs so before I button things up would like to know.\

\

Thanks John

John:

I've only pulled mine once, so not an expert. I had plenty of trouble getting the front end of the shaft back in the yoke, and it was always obvious that it wasn't in far enough. When I finally got it lined up and it slid together, it would go far enough to get the bolts thru the holes all the way, and it seemed clear that it was right. Maybe someone else will chime in and confirm (or reject) this. Good luck, Larry

When you go to reinsert drive shaft will it slide all the way in and still not be connected right

YES JOHN, you can put the drive shaft back in and yet it may not be connected like it is supposed to be.

I highly reccomend you place the bike in netural after you insert the drive shaft.

and then by grabbing the rear end of the drive shaft, turn it.

This is if you still have the rear tire off...

You will be able to tell if you have it connected quickly

If it is not connected correctly, you will be able to turn it until it binds .

If it does bind, you know right then that your not in right..

If it turns and turns and you can feel the transmission turning in netural, your in right:thumbsup2:

Edited by Eck

Hey John, Were you able to get the drive shaft back in correctly yet?? I sure hope so.

It is a PITA...ask me how I know.......:whistling:

:banana: Yep tore it apart yesterday and finally got it in after3 breaks for frustration. changed my rear gear oil put new brakes on, tightened my steering head. took her for a ride last night. Nothing fell off and no new noises :cool10: Now Im ready for Eureka Springs Rally.\

Thanks for asking\

John