IGNORED

Central Kentucky Meet&Eat, August 9

Midrsv

Since I won't be able to make it to Ashville next week and I know there are few members around central KY I thought I would take a stab at hosting a M&E. Is there any interest?

I'm thinking we could meet at the Cracker Barrel in Lexington off I75 for breakfast around 9:00 and then head off on a ride through some of my favorite local roads which would take us through some horse farms, along the KY river Palisades, Shakertown and possbily a ride across the ferry at Valley View.

Any interest?

Dennis

I'm definately interested. I love riding in KY. Lots of nice roads. My mom-in-law, whom I actually like, lives in Somerset and we try to get there on the bike at least once every year.

Any chance you can make that August 23? Brad and Lonna are hosting one in Michigan on the 9th and while we really would like to make it to yours, we really really want to make it to theirs. In fact, I already wrote theirs on the calendar (in ink), so it's a rock meet hard place sort of moment.

If you can't change the date just schedule a second. We'll try very hard to make one of 'em. Both if possible. (Got a good bit of catching up to do and I'm feeling much better now.)

BTW, cool ferry. That's where I learned it's called niicklus and not Nicholasville. Kind of like when I learned that Peabody, Mass was pronounced pibbidy. Sometimes I can be such a Hoosier Rube.

I'm definately interested. I love riding in KY. Lots of nice roads. My mom-in-law, whom I actually like, lives in Somerset and we try to get there on the bike at least once every year.

Any chance you can make that August 23? Brad and Lonna are hosting one in Michigan on the 9th and while we really would like to make it to yours, we really really want to make it to theirs. In fact, I already wrote theirs on the calendar (in ink), so it's a rock meet hard place sort of moment.

If you can't change the date just schedule a second. We'll try very hard to make one of 'em. Both if possible. (Got a good bit of catching up to do and I'm feeling much better now.)

BTW, cool ferry. That's where I learned it's called niicklus and not Nicholasville. Kind of like when I learned that Peabody, Mass was pronounced pibbidy. Sometimes I can be such a Hoosier Rube.

Sorry you can't make it. The 9th is my only free Saturday in August. How did I miss Brad and Lonna's announcement? I couldn't get away for an overnight trip then anyway. If I have any success with this I'll defintely do it again.

I was across the ferry last Saturday. I'm leaving in a few minutes for Somerset myself. Going down to have dinner with my SIL and niece. Not a bad ride down US27.

DT

I think I'm free that weekend and I live in Winchester so it sounds good to me. I'll have to check and see if I'm committed to anything with our Goldwing Chapter, even though I ride an 07 Venture.

Keep us posted on how it develops.

Eddie

The 9th is my only free weekend also, Gkids will be here on the 2nd so the Asheville trip is kaput for us, I'm off to Salt Lake City on the 15th so,,,, We're in. Unknown as to what we'll ride, both Vulcans or the Venture Royale'.

Bob and Eddy, hope you can make it. I believe there are several other members within an hour or so of Lexington so maybe we can pick up a few more. We can't let these MI, OH, IN, NC, GA, AL & ONT guys have all the fun.

DT

Bob and Eddy, hope you can make it. I believe there are several other members within an hour or so of Lexington so maybe we can pick up a few more. We can't let these MI, OH, IN, NC, GA, AL & ONT guys have all the fun.

DT

Ok, Count Tina and I in. We'll either be on the Venture or our Vulcans, depending on the weather forecast. 9 am sounds a bit late for a starting time, it'll be 11am before we put the kickstands up meeting there. Most of the touristy cagers are bounding out around that time in search of good ole southern cooking too. With 3 motels within walking distance it could get busy

Personally I could care less, as long as I get to ride. Tina and I do enjoy good conversation but once you get me started you may end up sitting through lunch too. So, short version; give us an itinerary of the day and we'll make it happen, and maybe room for more

Bob and Tina, I look forward to meeitng you. I set the time for 9:00 in case anyone wanted to ride in from a couple of hours away they wouldn't have to leave before sun-up. Right now it is just you guys, Eddy and myself. I know there are several conflicting M&E's plus the Ashville gathering this week so we may not have a big crowd. We've got to start somewhere. I'll post our planned route later in the week.

Dennis

Dennis;

I wish I could make it there, I am in North Port Fl visiting my sister who is in the terminal stages of cancer. 2 of my sons and I drove down on the 1st and trailered my bike.We won't be back until the weekend of the 15th. Maybe We could meet and go on a ride some other time.

Please remember my sister Marie Longo and her family in your prayers and pray for us as we return on the 16th of Aug.

Jim bell

Master, St johns Lodge 125, Salvisa Ky

Dennis,

I appreciate the invite. I would like to try to make it, if my knee will let me. I had knee surgery last Monday and it is still a little swollen. Still using one crutch, but think if everything still healing OK by then. If knee and doctor will let me, I might try. Would like to bring along a long time friend( JD Holbrooks)that rides with me a lot if OK, he rides a Harley, but I don't hold that against him. JD and I have been Christians for a long time. Thanks again. Could you give some more driving directions to Cracker Barrel. Are you talking about the one just off 75 at US 60 ? And how about posting this Meat & Eat at the Meat & Eat site on the forums?

James Darrell Fultz

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
added

Since I won't be able to make it to Ashville next week and I know there are few members around central KY I thought I would take a stab at hosting a M&E. Is there any interest?

I'm thinking we could meet at the Cracker Barrel in Lexington off I75 for breakfast around 9:00 and then head off on a ride through some of my favorite local roads which would take us through some horse farms, along the KY river Palisades, Shakertown and possbily a ride across the ferry at Valley View.

Any interest?

Dennis

Wish I could be there, which one is it going to be at? there are two in Lexington. one at the 115 exit which is newtown pike and one at the 110 exit which is the winchester road exit.

:95:

Here in Florida visiting my sister with cancer.

Jim Bell

Let's meet at the Cracker Barrel at exit 115 on I75. That puts us close to my planned route through some horse farm country. We'll be taking in parts of Fayette, Scott, Woodford, Jessamine, Mercer and Madison counties. See the attached routes. I had to make them two parts because the mapping software wouldn't let me cross the river on the ferry. Depending on stops, we should be able to cover this route in about 3 hours.

Dennis

Let's meet at the Cracker Barrel at exit 115 on I75. That puts us close to my planned route through some horse farm country. We'll be taking in parts of Fayette, Scott, Woodford, Jessamine, Mercer and Madison counties. See the attached routes. I had to make them two parts because the mapping software wouldn't let me cross the river on the ferry. Depending on stops, we should be able to cover this route in about 3 hours.

Dennis

Not sure how set you are on your route but I just realized we both have Kentucky meet up efforts going the same day so I thought I would make you aware of ours as well.

So if you interested and if you wanted to take your ride a little more west you could take a nice ride west on senic Route 60 and end up at our event in about an hour. Free food, drink, live music and lotsa bikes will be there.

Not trying to disrupt your ride just wanted to make sure you were aware of our event. Some of the Indiana Ventureriders have indicated that were going to make the trip down, so may be a chance for a bunch of us to shake hands and put faces with names.

See post at http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25614

Thanks for listening

That would be pretty cool to do, I guess. I don't care for crowds or standing around staring at the scenery. If you guys want to alter the route to go there I would like to know before Friday.

Thanks for the invite Curt. But I am kind of with Bob on this. I would prefer a liesurely ride through the countryside. I'm not much of a party animal.

Dennis

That would be pretty cool to do, I guess. I don't care for crowds or standing around staring at the scenery. If you guys want to alter the route to go there I would like to know before Friday.

Totally understand!! Just wanted to make the offer!:thumbsup2:

So far it looks like besides myself we have Bob and Tina from Paris, FuzzyRSTD and friend from Olive Hill, Dan from Lexington and hopefully Eddy from Winchester. Looks like a decent turnout for a first time event. I think we have a good weather forecast and I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Dennis

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have had a death in the family (aunt) and the arrangements won't be made until tomorrow. We're expecting the service to be Sunday or Monday but if by chance it is Saturday I will most likely have to postpone Saturday's M&E. I won't know for sure until about noon on Friday and I will post an update as soon as I do. I just want to let everyone know so you can be sure to check back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dennis

Curt, I cruised through your pictures and I must say, You are quite the photo bug, guy. I really like the nature scenes and pics of the Gson, both so innocent and unposed. You should be proud of your abilities.

How kind of you to say Bob, I am a total rank amateur but the bug bit me a year or so ago and it's my new found passion. I'm also blessed with beautiful models, my wife, baby girl Carson and Grandbabies are all very photogenic.

Thanks again for the Kind words.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have had a death in the family (aunt) and the arrangements won't be made until tomorrow. We're expecting the service to be Sunday or Monday but if by chance it is Saturday I will most likely have to postpone Saturday's M&E. I won't know for sure until about noon on Friday and I will post an update as soon as I do. I just want to let everyone know so you can be sure to check back tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dennis

We will await your word, rescheduling for another weekend may make a larger draw any way. There seems to be a lot going on to our north this weekend.