I have an old Motocomm headset that I used on my V-star connected to a small CB. Does anyone know if I can get an interface connection cable to hook up between that and the 5 pin Yamaha connector?

I will eventually go for a J&M set but for now I'd like to use the existing headset I have.

Any info is appreciated.

• 6 months later...
Guest r-retzke

An Autocom headset can work with the Venture and similar DIN 180º 5-pin systems. This attachment shows how.

Rog in NH

[ATTACH]13285[/ATTACH]

• 5 months later...

I have that setup on my Vstar 1300 and I tried to swap speakers for better sound quality and found out that my J&M had 3 wire speakers vs 2 wire for the MotoCom. setup, I also tried a converter plug, that didnt work either, They must use a different wiring for the mike and speakers than the J&M, if you do succede, please let me know, I havent been able to find anything, so I have to have 2 helmets with different headsets, 1 for each bike. Good Luck.

I have an old Motocomm headset that I used on my V-star connected to a small CB. Does anyone know if I can get an interface connection cable to hook up between that and the 5 pin Yamaha connector?

I will eventually go for a J&M set but for now I'd like to use the existing headset I have.

Any info is appreciated.