IGNORED

Anyone ever broke a radio antenna?

While trying to tighten my radio antenna on my 99 RSV I accidently tightened the wrong nut and snaped the antenna off the mounting nut.:whistling: Has anyone ever done this?:confused24: Is there a cheaper fix then the $100 replacement?:think: Or does anyone have a spare mast lying around? HELP!!!!

Big Mike

Mike,

It's not uncommon for the antennas to break, they're marginal to say the least. To be quite honest, it would be cheaper to buy Firestik antennas and new attaching hardware. It would be about the same price ($100) and you would have a superior antenna. I have used this company for all the antenna redo's that I have done...

http://www.fm2way.com/

Paul Stramer is the fella that I have talkewd with and they are great to do business with. Give them a shout and I'm sure they will have a great setup for you. Otherwise start looking on ebay :confused24:

thanks you guys, i'll do some reserch with the info you gave me. i thought maybe there might be a way to temporarily put mine back together possibly by drilling and using a rollpin. in either case i'm not out any more than i already am. thanks for the input.

big mike

• 10 months later...