IGNORED

Soft Vehicle!

Guindalf

So, we were out riding yesterday, me on my Midnight and my wife on her Honda Reflex. She's been riding on public roads since last Tuesday after three sessions in a church parking lot, so she's very new to the whole thing.

When we were approaching the end of a two-lane stretch, I pulled into the left lane to give her some protection from traffic coming from behind when I notice an SUV coming up at speed on the inside. We are already in the area where the center dotted line has gone and the road is narrowing. I speed up a little and ease to the middle of the road, again to protect my wife ahead and indicate to the SUV that there's no room for her to undertake and, guess what? She does it anyway!

As she passes I notice it's a middle-aged woman of the "trophy wife" type, with a yappy dog on her lap. Not immediately sure if she completed the trifecta with a cellphone or not, but it's possible.

She then proceeds to ride my wife's tail for about a mile, overtakes her in a turning lane then makes a right turn. It was then that the Sheriff's patrol car comes flying by with blues and twos going full pelt!

I signaled to turn and we ended up in a church parking lot and the deputy was giving the SUV driver a lecture on how not to drive, especially when motorcycles are involved!

It's the first time in 30+ years of driving that a cop has been in the right place at the right time!!

She got off with a warning, but I wonder if people like this EVER thing of the stupidity of their actions and the fact that if there's a wreck, they'd be inconvenienced by a few days of collision repair while the motorcyclist will be either in the hospital or in the morgue, just because they had to get one car's length ahead!

You mean when you came to the stop, you were in the left portion of the lane, wife in right portion, with her more forward toward the stop light than you, and this wannabe trophy pulled up alonside your right side, and up against your wife? Interesting scenario, glad the cop saw it although she should have at least gotten an illegal use of lane ticket.

Glad to hear nobody got hurt!! and its great to hear the police are watching this stuff!! I got hit from behind at a stop light and the car was already stopped but she had her little dog on her lap and was fussing with it when her foot came off the brake and hit me hard enough it rolled me forward alittle but it scared her to death being she was very old. To many people out there dont pay attention out there.

Glad to hear nobody got hurt!! and its great to hear the police are watching this stuff!! I got hit from behind at a stop light and the car was already stopped but she had her little dog on her lap and was fussing with it when her foot came off the brake and hit me hard enough it rolled me forward alittle but it scared her to death being she was very old. To many people out there dont pay attention out there.

I see a pattern developing here. MAybe these little dogs have the Napolean complex manifesting itself and they are forcing their humans to chase and try to catch bikes. Possibly we should start rounding up these lap dogs and eliminate,,err, I mean interrogate at length.

You mean when you came to the stop, you were in the left portion of the lane, wife in right portion, with her more forward toward the stop light than you, and this wannabe trophy pulled up alonside your right side, and up against your wife? Interesting scenario, glad the cop saw it although she should have at least gotten an illegal use of lane ticket.

No, no stop - lane reduction 2-1. Ya know, when the sign says "Lane ends, merge left" and the dotted line in the middle disappears.

I had merged left and she decided there was enough room to get her big ole Mercury Mountaineer through the gap to my right!