IGNORED

CLASS unit not working???

Hi all, I can't get the CLASS working on my 1984 Royal, when I put the ignition on ACC, to get the class working, it does a quick scan and then goes onto 0, which is great as no errors, but when I press the Auto/Manual button, nothing? It should obviously go to manual, I have taken the class unit apart as it did have some grubby/sticky buttons and I also checked that the solder joints were good, which they are. I've also checked the valve assembly & pump which all seems good, I took out the connector for the valve assembly pressure sensor and got an error 4 message, put it back in and the error was gone, so I know the CLASS is working, any ideas?

Hi all, I can't get the CLASS working on my 1984 Royal, when I put the ignition on ACC, to get the class working, it does a quick scan and then goes onto 0, which is great as no errors, but when I press the Auto/Manual button, nothing? It should obviously go to manual, I have taken the class unit apart as it did have some grubby/sticky buttons and I also checked that the solder joints were good, which they are. I've also checked the valve assembly & pump which all seems good, I took out the connector for the valve assembly pressure sensor and got an error 4 message, put it back in and the error was gone, so I know the CLASS is working, any ideas?

After getting the"0", did you press ether of the larger rectangler buttons, to select front or rear, before pressing the auto / manual button or the 3 smaller square buttons????

You will need to take the controller out, take it apart and re-solder all of the cold solder points. There is an article in the tech section on this. Any more problems, post again. Takes about 1-2 hours with a small soldering iron and some non-acid solder.

I took the compressor and components to bits, cleaned and checked it all. I then took the class unit off and took it all apart again just to make sure that I didn't overlook anything, everything looked as good as new, including the solder joints, so I took the rest apart again to check the buttons etc, looked good, but this time I rubbed a dark pencil (B level) over the carbon pads, put it all together and put ignition on to ACC, IT WORKED,, GREAT. I now have the air suspension working, YAHOO, the bikes almost finished.

Great ! I just got mine back together today after going over all the soldering joints and it is working like it is supposed to now. So far this week, I got a new CB antenna, the squelch control fixed, hardwired my XM into the bike, and got the class control fixed. What a great week..... :cool10: