IGNORED

Ride Like a Pro IV DVD for FREE!!!!!!!

KiteSquid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please add me to your list and "Thank You" for the offer! Owen.

Owen: Gotcha

i think i got missed on this again.. can I please be added to the list . thanks Ron

Ron: I added you to the list not long after you requested a few weeks ago...

We've got quite the list going on here :thumbsup2:

If you would like to be added or removed from this list - let me know via posting to this thread and I will do my best to stay on top of it.

Thank you KiteSquid for taking care of this up to this point, what a terrific idea!! I hope this can keep going and continue to help people out.

KiteSquid's original text, with rules (slightly adjusted in a few places for clarity and redundancy):

There are three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it. FREE, but they have to agree NOT to copy it, and to pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session.... maybe two weeks???? The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands, this I think will keep it all legal!!

To request to be put on this list, please post to this thread and you will be put on in order posted on my next visit to the thread.

Please DO NOT PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread...

My apologies if you got missed, just let me know and I will put you in the appropriate place.

PLEASE Remember to post something you learned from the video.

And again, I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

By the way, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!

The List:

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V (Thanks a lot you guys!!)

KiteSquid, Friesman1, jburrell

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Currently HAS a copy:

Reed -- somewhere in ND

Bubber

JMorrison ** Going to BurgyMon

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Semi-Retired - St. Catherines, Ontario

Mover - Stratford, Ontario

Australia

United States

krome rose ** Reported as no response

BurgyMon ** Confirmation/Will Receive

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

fixit3546 in Mechanicsburg (Bentonia) MS

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

GaThumper in Cleveland GA

Blackjack in Snellville GA

Black Owl in Apple Valley MN

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

MidlifeVenture – Twinsburg, OH

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

Jemorrisonjr – New Berlin, WI

Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX

Hunter_1500 – Ferrisburgh, VT

Little Bob – Steven’s Point, WI

camos – Saanichton, BC

Motorcycle Mike – Lawrenceville, GA

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN

Donde - Rockport, TX

nbowersock - North Ft. Worth, TX

Travelin Man (formerly: Crazy_Frog) - McRae, GA

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

Slick97spirit (Ken) - Jackson, MO

Semi-Retired (Mike) - St. Catherines, Ontario

TopV (Joe) - Fall River, MA

DAKn2 - Mundelein, IL

ronhenry4 (Ron) - Cincinnati, OH

Scooter45 (Jim) - Redwood Falls, MN

Nemo (Owen) - Council Bluffs, IA

The Black Pearl () - Traverse City, MI

Short-haul () - River Oaks, TX

T hole () - North Liberty, IA

Removed from list, for aforementioned reasons (or I think that they have seen it):

Seen it:

kbay, MikeC, timgray, painterman67, skydoc_17, uthpda, Bubber, Naked Rider (changed forum name from 1_2_ride_RSV), JMorrison, Roadhand

For the efficient passage of the video how please do the following:

1) Upon receipt of the video, post that you have received it.

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too) **Maybe contact the next 2 or 3 at a time, with the understanding that the list order will be maintained, just in case the first one does not respond

3) Communication with the next person on the list ought to be done via e-mail, PM or telephone call (based on whatever you are comfortable with and what is available in the person's profile).

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised).

5) If no response, move to the next person on the list.

6) When a response is confirmed, post the results so we know where they are at.

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request), and post when sent to the next person.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

8) Ride safe

:Venture:

**** Sample message to next person:

Howdy:

I have received a copy of "Ride Like a Pro" and you are the next on the list to receive it. (According to the list on: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24973&page=21)

If you could let me know either way (whether you are still interested in viewing it or not) that would be appreciated.

I will wait about a week before I contact the next person on the list. If someone else commits to it before you do (after the 1 week) then you will not lose your place on the list, but may not get it from me ~depending on whether I still have it or not. Just post in the thread (linked to above) that you would still like to view it and you can be next in line to get a copy.

If you do want it, let me know and send me the address that you would like it sent to. I will send it first class mail when I am done with it (probably a week or so).

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

*******END sample message

Thanks ya'll.

Edited by LilBeaver
Updated after contact w/ TimGray, Kbay & reed; added The Black Pearl, Short-Haul, & T hole

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I received a copy of the DVD, no list came with it, so do I send it to REED when I`m finished with it???

Great, thanks for letting me know. The no list thing is probably my fault - I do not recall if I actually put it in the one that I sent out or not :o -- no big deal though since it is maintained on here).

Yes, REED is the next one on the list so go ahead and shoot him a message to at least touch base and see if he is still interested - if not, move on down the list. Contacting two or three people at a time with it being clear to them as to the order of which they will receive it (provided the person before them does/does not answer by a specified date and time) is certainly acceptable; but you can do it however you would like.

Enjoy!! Hope you learn something :thumbsup2:

PM sent to REED, waiting on reply..

Great, thanks for letting me know. The no list thing is probably my fault - I do not recall if I actually put it in the one that I sent out or not :o -- no big deal though since it is maintained on here).

Yes, REED is the next one on the list so go ahead and shoot him a message to at least touch base and see if he is still interested - if not, move on down the list. Contacting two or three people at a time with it being clear to them as to the order of which they will receive it (provided the person before them does/does not answer by a specified date and time) is certainly acceptable; but you can do it however you would like.

Enjoy!! Hope you learn something :thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup2:

Where is that list? I would like to see where I am on the list.

Where is that list? I would like to see where I am on the list.

I have copied the updated list to this page. You are currently about half way down the list (after "midnite").

For ease, I have been contemplating starting a new thread, where I can maintain the list as the first post in the thread...

Edited by LilBeaver
copied list to this page

First of all, thank you KiteSquid for taking care of this up to this point, what a terrific idea!!

There are three copies of Ride Like a Pro (RLAP) IV or V DVD's that are free for anybody who wants it for FREE so long as they agree to:

1) NOT copy it and 2) Pass it along for FREE to the next person after a short viewing session ie. 1-2 weeks. The sender pays the postage, NOT the recipient, so no money changes hands -- this ought to keep it legal

NOTE: By requesting to be added to the list you are agreeing to the above simple rules. If you have a problem with this please do not request to be put on the list.

To request to be added or removed to/from the list: Simply post in this thread that you would like to be added or removed and I will take care of it upon my next visit to the thread.

Please DO NOT PM me as you will only be put on the list if you post to this thread.

If you have requested to be added and you were not: Please forgive my mistake and simply let me know and I will add you to the list in the order of which the requests were put in.

One of kitesquid's initial requests were to post something you learned from the video; let's try to keep doing that :happy34:

Some of Kitesquid's original text:

"... I am not connected with RLAP, I just want my fellow bikers to have a long and healthy life on two wheels and anyway that we all can learn to ride safely is a good thing!!!!!!

By the way, if you are tired of waiting, or would like to purchase your own copy please click HERE to order and be sure to ask for your Venture Rider Forum member discount. IIRC it saves you $5. BTW this DVD is worth every penny!!!!!!!..."

The List:

People who originally, freely gave away their copy of RLAP IV or V (Thanks a lot you guys!!):

KiteSquid, Friesman1, jburrell

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Currently HAS a copy:

Bubber Sent to ???? ~ 6 months ago

?JMorrison ** Going to BurgyMon

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH

Canada

camos – Saanichton, BC

Semi-Retired - St. Catherines, Ontario

Ottawa () - Ottawa, Ontario

Trader - North of Kingston, Ontario

Australia

United States

krome rose ** Reported as no response

BurgyMon ** Confirmation/Will Receive

indianriverjack -- Belpre OH ** Contacting 1sttenor & Condor

1sttenor in Jeff City MO

Condor in Carmichael Ca

fixit3546 in Mechanicsburg (Bentonia) MS

RandyR in Dahlonega GA

GaThumper in Cleveland GA

Blackjack in Snellville GA

Black Owl in Apple Valley MN

eusa1 in Dixon IL

Larry M – Pullman WA

MidlifeVenture – Twinsburg, OH

67mini67 – Cheney, WA

Jemorrisonjr – New Berlin, WI

Joer – Hudson Oaks, TX

Hunter_1500 – Ferrisburgh, VT

Little Bob – Steven’s Point, WI

camos – Saanichton, BC

Motorcycle Mike – Lawrenceville, GA

midnite – Mc Kenzie, TN

Donde - Rockport, TX

nbowersock - North Ft. Worth, TX

Travelin Man (formerly: Crazy_Frog) - McRae, GA

SylWoody - Talladega, AL

Gdlover - Newton, IA

Dave3 - Fayetteville, GA

Slick97spirit (Ken) - Jackson, MO

Semi-Retired (Mike) - St. Catherines, Ontario

TopV (Joe) - Fall River, MA

ronhenry4 (Ron) - Cincinnati, OH

Scooter45 (Jim) - Redwood Falls, MN

Nemo (Owen) - Council Bluffs, IA

The Black Pearl () - Traverse City, MI

Short-haul () - River Oaks, TX

T hole () - North Liberty, IA

Ottawa () - Ottawa, Ontario

in flagrante () - Rocket City, AL

ccpeso () - South Lyon, MI

rjalamo() - Destin, FL

For the efficient passage of the video how please do the following:

1) Upon receipt of the video, post that you have received it.

2) Initiate communication with the next person on the list (which ought to be included with the video and I will do my best to keep the list updated on here too) **Maybe contact the next 2 or 3 at a time, with the understanding that the list order will be maintained, just in case the first one does not respond

3) Communication with the next person on the list ought to be done via e-mail, PM or telephone call (based on whatever you are comfortable with and what is available in the person's profile).

4) Let us allow 1 week for the person next on the list to respond (which is why initiating the communication immediately would be advised).

5) If no response, move to the next person on the list.

6) When a response is confirmed, post the results so we know where they are at.

7) After viewing the video, post something you learned from it (as per KiteSquid's request), and post when sent to the next person.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

8) Ride safe

**** Sample message to next person ****:

Howdy:

I have received a copy of "Ride Like a Pro" and you are the next on the list to receive it. (According to the list on: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24973&page=22 )

Please respond as to whether you are still interested in viewing the video or not.

I will wait one week before I contact the next person on the list. If someone else commits to it before you do (after the 1 week time has expired) then you will not lose your place on the list, but may not get the video from me ~depending on whether I still have it or not. Just post in the thread (linked to above) that you would still like to view it and you can be next in line to get a copy.

If you do want it, send me the address that you would like it sent to and I will send it first class mail after I am finished with it.

Thanks a lot,

- YOUR NAME HERE

****END sample message****

Thanks ya'll :thumbsup2:

Edited by LilBeaver
Add Ottawa;IndianriverJack checked in; Added through rjalamo; removed DAKn2 as requested; Add trader

May I please be added to the list.

:group cheers:

Thanks

Done

I have been on the list and passed up. Could I be moved down to be next on the list. Thanks, Wayde 67mini67

Wayde: You have not been passed up, it just has not made it to you yet. Getting closer though!

If we could get the other two copies of RLAP moving again, we would certainly be making our way through this list much faster... I'll see if I cannot figure out where those are. :confused24:

• 4 weeks later...

I have recieved and viewed the Ride Like A Pro DVD and will be sending it on shortly, I believe that anyone who rides reguarding of riding experience can learn something from it.

I will be contacting ,1sttenor and if no response from him then Condor is next on the list. Jack..........:Venture:

I would like to be added to the list please. Thanks,

In flagrante

Welcome to the site!! If you haven't found already, this is a great place to meet good people and get great technical assistance for RSVs, RSTDs, 1st gens, and some others.

Not to be a turd or anything and to be fair here, we are only passing this DVD to current members for a few reasons. Mainly, the current members will be able to be contacted outside of the 15 day trial period as well as with as long as this list is, it will take a bit of time to get to the end which will be well beyond 15 days from now.

If you decide to go ahead and join up as a supporting member, I will certainly add you to the list.

Ride safe!

I would like to be added to the list. Thanks

Done.