IGNORED

09 Harleys

ediddy

Water cooled huh?... I'm not so sure I like that as it adds more weight to a bike and it's one more system that can fail. I'm currently toying with trading in my 06 RSTD for a Dyna... I'll ask the sales people if water cooled is in the future. Over heating in New England isn't a big issue, in fact I welcome engine heat most the riding season. :cold:

We will know next week as the 09s will be out then. I was on the harley tech talk site a few minutes ago and one person said this: I've got all the scoop from a firend who is top engineer with the MoCo but I'm sworn to secrecy. You will be amazed at the direction the MoCo is going in 09 which is just a stepping stone for 10 and 11 when the bulk of the changes will take effect. The MoCo as we know it will not be the same. Some will see this a huge improvement and others, especially the old-schoolers, will likely shun HD forever.

Harley bought out a european motorcycle company that makes some 190hp engines (liquid cooled). Maybe they will stab one those 4 cylinders into a bagger and call it a Road Rage.

Last year a guy out in New Mexico clicked some pix of a water cooled sporty. It looked like a cross beteween an XL racer and a V-Rod. But the talk has been for three years now that Harley will have to incorporate the V-rod engine into the Glide bikes and others to meet Euro 3 standards for engine noise. But it could be an all new engine as well. Harley has produced close to a dozen new engines in just the last 10 years if you include the Buell thunderstorms and the new Euro XL1200 motor.:photographing:

I suppose this is no secret. I have been looking at ordering a 09 Harley Ultra Firefighter edition. My bigest concern has been the hot rear cylinder thing. I was in Ct last weekend talking to the sales woman about ordering one and plan to test ride an Ultra there next week. Not sure how I feel about the water cool thing but it sounds cool as long as it dont send the price event higher through the roof. I sold my Honda on Ebay yesterday so that is the downpayment to order. Being a betting man I dont think you will see this unless they create a new model so they can test bed it with the public.

The new HD 103 motors get hot quick especially slow speeds they start to bog I used to like them now I'm not sure. I'm not sure about the 96 cube. Liquid cooling be a step in the right direction. I wonder what BMW will do with thier LT. My buddies LT only 1200 cc gets in the 40's mpg wise. I'm not sure I want a bigger motor out of Yamaha maybe just Fuel injection.

I suppose this is no secret. I have been looking at ordering a 09 Harley Ultra Firefighter edition. My bigest concern has been the hot rear cylinder thing. I was in Ct last weekend talking to the sales woman about ordering one and plan to test ride an Ultra there next week. Not sure how I feel about the water cool thing but it sounds cool as long as it dont send the price event higher through the roof. I sold my Honda on Ebay yesterday so that is the downpayment to order. Being a betting man I dont think you will see this unless they create a new model so they can test bed it with the public.

Scott,Here in New Braunfels TX I thought about an Ultra hard..The salesperson let me take an 07 for the day as he thought he had a sale which he would have until the day I took it out....while it was a very nice bike,rode great handled superbly let me tell you the heat issue is a REAL problem! I could handle the power issue,torquey,but not anything like the RSV on power,but really I am not sure about your riding weather up there but here in Texas I cant handle that heat it puts out...If it were not for that I would have bought it. Just my Opinion..Tom

Scott,Here in New Braunfels TX I thought about an Ultra hard..The salesperson let me take an 07 for the day as he thought he had a sale which he would have until the day I took it out....while it was a very nice bike,rode great handled superbly let me tell you the heat issue is a REAL problem! I could handle the power issue,torquey,but not anything like the RSV on power,but really I am not sure about your riding weather up there but here in Texas I cant handle that heat it puts out...If it were not for that I would have bought it. Just my Opinion..Tom

Exactly why I want to try it and not just buy a pretty bike. There are a few ways to reduce the problem but I wont know how it fits me or how much of a problem it is until I ride the beast for a while. Think mostly Im looking for a change and a new slate to mod. Done everything to this one I can already.

The sad part about the HD's is that the bike is not that great "out of the box". If you spend that much money it really should work better than it does. I have TC88 Ultra Classic and ride with guys with new ones. They are 'burn your leg' hot & until you spend money on a fuel management system and a hi flo air filter you are not going to cool them down. Even on my 2000 Ultra until I put a power commander on it, it was way too hot. Don't get me wrong I like the Ultra but it isn't the perfect bike that some die hard Harley guys want you to believe.