IGNORED

Calif Ride Yesterday

GeorgeS

Just got back from Lake Taho, today. Two day ride, return trip, 830 miles.

Rode from Sacremento, North, to Redding Calif yesterday on I-5. Temperature in the Calif. Central Valley, was 112 Deg. F. About 180 miles at that temp.

I intend to avoid doing that again !!

Forcast on TV at 6pm on Cable TV in Weed, Calif. yesterday evening. They said, 114 deg for the next 5 days.

Anybody planning on riding in that area this week, or weekend, Be Advised !!!!

ie. Interstate 5,

I managed, 45 min. rideing, and had to find some air conditioned place to cool off at, then go another 45 min. Phweeeeeee. It was HOT

However the bike, ran like a Swiss Watch, seemed to like the Heat!!!

Had a great time rideing all the roads around Lake Taho, with my Sister, and Hubby.

Saw the Fireworks display on Lake Taho, pretty spectacular. I would estimate there was about 20,000 people there.

Must have been at least 2000 Harley's !!!!

Lots of great roads to ride, around Lake Taho,

Good thing about that kind of heat is its dry, Caring a large bottle of water and splashing some on you while your riding will help beat the heat. I used a 1qt sports bottle. I had to stop and refill it about once an hour but it did work.

The time I was with Star Touring & Riding, I went to Star Days in Ogden, Utah, and it was averaging 105 the whole trip. The only way I got through it was getting on the road around 3:00 in the morning, and not riding past noon time. I did a week to Utah, and a week to Oregon, and when I left Utah and got to Klamth Falls, it finally got to me and I got sick suffering from heat exhaustion. So it comes down now to where I try not to ride above 85 to 90 degrees. When we went to Ft. Collins and I started my trip back home, I almost didn't make it when I got to the motel in Salt Lake City. The next day, I wanted to get home so bad, I drove straight home from there (weather permitting) and made 765 miles in 14 hrs. Glad you made it back though, it must have been a bear. Pick a cooler weather report next time for a ride, I do!:whistling: