IGNORED

Looking for 5-pin square trailer connector

jryan

My '89 VR & trailer have matching 5 pin square connectors for the trailer wiring. My '06 RSV also came with a 5 pin square connector. The problem is the '06 RSV & trailer are both male plugs. So I thought I'd just buy a new set & replace the male plug on the RSV with a female plug, like the VR has, and then the trailer would work on either bike.

But where the heck do you find these plugs? I've looked at all the auto parts stores & on the net and can't find them anywhere. Can't find something on the internet...?...what's up with that?! I could go with a 6 pin and just not use the last pin (trailer brakes), but then I'd probably have to swap out 3 sets of plugs to get everything to be able to connect together.

But after searching with no luck I'm starting to think I should do just that...for some reason the 5 pin square plugs seem to be top secret or something!

Anyone know where I can find them?

try reese part # 118215 or ETS part # BH6005f-fb , your local RV dealer can get 1 for you , you can also tell them Stag # is 55-7518 or 55-7809 if you can't find them in your area call me and i'll order you 1 .

Thom

386-734-5678