IGNORED

Seeking chrome beauty rings 8'' wheels

James Ardrey

I'm having difficulty finding chrome beauty rings or nice hub caps for my pull behind trailor. 8" wheels. I originally had chrome wheels but they got warped out of round in a previous tire change. I thought the tires were faulty until a recent change to new tires and discovered the warped rims. I have replaced them w\ white standard rims that I have painted black and still have chrome lug nuts. A chrome beauty ring would look killer. Or a good looking hub cap that can be adapted to fit over or around bearing buddies.:confused24: Any input would be greatly appreciated. :7_2_104[1]:

I ordered and received two cool hub caps and the only problem is that they won't fit on trailor wheels. Apparently golf carts and the like have deep dish wheels and no protruding axle. I thought I would warn potential hub cap seekers for pull behind trailors before they made the same mistake as I did. I don't play golf and I had no idea that wheels on golf carts were that different. :sign brain fart: :sign brain fart:

I ordered and received two cool hub caps and the only problem is that they won't fit on trailor wheels. Apparently golf carts and the like have deep dish wheels and no protruding axle. I thought I would warn potential hub cap seekers for pull behind trailors before they made the same mistake as I did. I don't play golf and I had no idea that wheels on golf carts were that different. :sign brain fart: :sign brain fart:
Buggies unlimited is a cool sight for parts and accessories for golf carts though

Hmm....I believe the trailer I have...bought from StevieMac....way back, has the moon caps from there and he bought a fancy set (not moons) for his camper. He did mention having to do some mods on those as the axle came out a little far.

I originally posted that link from StevieMac and am truly sorry if I wasted your time and money.

OOOPS I didn't know that either James. I just had that link saved from when I was contemplating building my trailer. I ended up going with the 12" wheels and tires so I didn't actually order from them.I'm not a golfer either. Sorry to have misled ya.:confused24:

whozleft thanks. My trailor is a Neosho and I had the chrome wheels put on it @ the factory in Neosho where I picked it up. The last time I put tires on the wheels the wheels were warped. I ran them heavily weighted to get close to balanced. I assumed the tires were faulty(out of round) because of the vibration after installation. When I had new tires mounted recently the vibration was still there. I had to persuade the tire people to put the whls on balancer. Sure enough the wheels were eggshaped. I bought 2new wheels and had the tires remounted and good as new. I painted the wheels black like my trailor. I thought they looked pretty good with the chrome lugs that came w\ the chrome whls. The boss (my lovely wife) kept saying she liked the chrome wheels. I thought a compromise was in order since I had bought 2 new wheels and 6ply rated tires. So w\ the help (supervision) of my wife we looked and as you all know sought help locating hub caps and settled on caps from Buggies unlimited. You all know the rest of the story. The boss has convinced me to get another set of chrome rims from Neosho after all. I still have the chrome center caps and chrome lugs from the previous wheels and I

am hoping they will trade my new wheels for the chromes w\ of course some extra cash, but it may not be all that expensive just buying the wheels. They have hub caps but they are ugly in my opinion. They don't show any other options on their website. They are great people to work with though and I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if we can make a deal.:lightbulb: :lightbulb: :mo money:

• 2 years later...