IGNORED

tire mounting

pegscraper

Isn't there supposed to be a dot on the side of a tire indicating the light side of the tire that is supposed to be put next to the valve stem? I just ordered some Avons through SWMoto and they don't have any such dot. Now what? How should these be mounted?

Lynn,

Just turn 'em inside out and mount 'em!:080402gudl_prv:

Have you been to Johnson's shop yet? (on 101 just south of 224).

I was there last Saturday and had him mount a tire (a real fatty!) on the rear wheel of my buddy's Vulcan 2000. He has a really slick setup for changing tires, and only charges $20 for mounting and balancing if you bring the wheel in to him.

Dang, I can't mess with mounting and balancing for that!

Joe

Boy, I forgot you telling me about that place. And dang, I just got whacked elsewhere getting them mounted and balanced too. I won't be going that route anymore. Does he have a sign out that can be seen when driving by? Pretty hard to beat that price. I'm going to have to go find him.

No light spot on the tire anymore, eh? I guess now we'll be balancing to compensate for the tire stem.

Been out the past few days Joe? I had to go to Geneva this morning, about a 35 mile drive from me. Let's see, the car gets about 13 mpg, the tires aren't back on my bike yet but the wife's bike gets about 45 mpg, the price of gas sucks, the roads are clear and the sun is (was) out. I rode. So what if it's only 25* outside and snow flurries are flying? I was the freezyrider this morning.

Last time I was out was last Sunday. You could call me WindBlownRider after that one! It was hard holding her on the road. Did you have any icicles hanging off of ya this morning?

Johnson's is easy to follow. If you're coming down 101 from the north, just cross 224 and start looking on the east side of the road. New grey building, he does have a sign out, not real big though. It's only a couple hundred yards past 224. Can't miss it.

Kind of a throwback to the old time shops. You walk in the door and you're in the shop. You can watch everything he does and look at all the bikes in the shop for repair. He's a real knowledgeable guy, can tell he knows his stuff.

I'm sure looking forward to warmer weather. Maybe I can even get a short ride in this weekend in between other family activities.

Guest ohiojack

I just had a set of avons mounted on my Royal star and the shop

said that they had to put alot of weight on wheel just to get it balanced.

They said they even rotated the tire several times on the rim and it did'nt

make any difference. All the weight is put around the valve stem.:confused24:

Try emailing info@swmototires.com

The guy I am dealing with is Blaine.

I had ordered two tires one was MT90B16 for my friends Goldwing and a 150/80B16 for my RSV. He didn't have the MT90 in stock but got it from another dealer or something but the one for my RSV was in stock.

Both tires are 491 EliteII.

Great people.

Jerry