IGNORED

Looking for 'comfy seating' on 06 Midnight

I'm looking for a new seat for my 06 Venture. The one on mine is not the 'puffy pillow' seat.. but the other kind.

I've seen the Butt Butler mod being sold here but got nil response from Mr Butler (is he still making these?).

Ideally I'm looking for something that will bring me lower down as later I plan to install the leveling links, which raises the bike.

I'm not sure if I want to add a 'padded' cover as this will then raise me up in the seat..

Anyway, short version is that I'm seriously looking for a seat solution.. hoping someone can help..

Cheers

Rick posted in last week or two that he was going on vacation and would be out of contact for a few weeks. He still does the mod, you will just have to wait till his return. If you search his posts you will find that one and I believe it has his expected return date.

If I can get another seat I plan on having Rick do the mod for me. Maybe I can find a seat of early seats cheap to get it done to.

Rick posted in last week or two that he was going on vacation and would be out of contact for a few weeks. He still does the mod, you will just have to wait till his return. If you search his posts you will find that one and I believe it has his expected return date.

If I can get another seat I plan on having Rick do the mod for me. Maybe I can find a seat of early seats cheap to get it done to.

Tres cool, many thanks on the update.. I just have to work out something so I'm not suffering any downtime with the seat in transit.. you know how postal service is.. ouch.

Cheers M8

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

I have the same seat as yours. I personally purchased the Orthodeluxe pad. I LOVE IT! You have to adjust it to where you like it. But once you find your spot it is great. I have mine pulled forward slightly where my tailbone is right where the space is. I'd be crippled without it.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

I have the same seat as yours. I personally purchased the Orthodeluxe pad. I LOVE IT! You have to adjust it to where you like it. But once you find your spot it is great. I have mine pulled forward slightly where my tailbone is right where the space is. I'd be crippled without it.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

The wife & I bought a pair of the jumbo’s last year with the memory foam and sheepskin covers. They are very nice, but they add an inch to the seat height which might be a problem for the inseam challenged. My wife had major back surgery this past winter and she wouldn’t be able to ride if we didn’t have these cushions.

I tried an AirHawk seat pad at Sturgis and think it’s a better pad, but it also costs another $70-80.