IGNORED

Radio out on 07 venture

Don't know what happen but all at once no radio now the controlls work the cassett works but there is no sound put the headset on and at volume 30 can barely hear it

was working just dady when i shut it off any suggestions

Yes I do have the speaker fade and all set it worked when i shut it off then next day it didn't

Split the faring checked the conectors no luck guess this goes to the shop for repair might as well get the damn chrip fixed as well

Edited by polecat54

its covered under the warrenty... but my guess is you will have to split the fairing to find a loose connection in the wire harness plug for the radio. Many articles on the site about adding dilectric grease to those harness plugs.

Page down to the bottom of this page and read all the posts on radio problems.. you wil get a better idea of what is or could be wrong...

Being youhave an 07, I would suggest you let the dealer do it under the warrenty....at zero charge ...

Once you learn more about your bike you may feel more confident in splitting the fairing..and knowing where and what to look for.

If you want to do it by phone, let me know and I will walk you thru it..

just send me a p-email and I will send you my phone number.

good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know what happen but all at once no radio now the controlls work the cassett works but there is no sound put the headset on and at volume 30 can barely hear it

was working just dady when i shut it off any suggestions

Yes I do have the speaker fade and all set it worked when i shut it off then next day it didn't

Split the faring checked the conectors no luck guess this goes to the shop for repair might as well get the damn chrip fixed as well

Mine did a similar thing and was a connection under the passenger seat. Hope this helps.

Ride safe: Bigbob.