IGNORED

First oil change

BAKER911

time for first 600 miles oil and filter change, question ?

would you go ahead and put the mobile 1 4t synthetic in now or wait.

also do you need a filter wrench that fits a rachet or a regular one with a handle.

just wanted to know before i start changing in the next few days.

thanks, mike b.

I Have Syntetic in My Strat since 1st oil change, Don't forget to change( Most Important) Final Drive Gear Oil too. My Oil of choice is Amsoil for everything. Mobil1 is good too just make sure is motorcycle specific Rated, cuz Of Wet Clutch. Some of car specific oils (Energy Conserving, or Something) Cause clutch to slip.

Good Luck

I changed to Mobil 1 motorcycle specific at the second oil change. That being said, I would really have no problem doing it on the first change. These modern engines don't require the "break in" time like older engines did.

As for a filter wrench, I don't even bother with one. I have a large pair of Channel Lock pliers that I use to remove the old filter. New filter is put on and tightened only by hand. I do get it TIGHT but you can get it plenty tight without a filter wrench and often people over tighten them with filter wrenches.

Hello All,

I am also due for my first oil change and the dealer is too busy for same day service so they said the most important thing would be to change the oil for now.

Without me taking the filter out, then going to the store to buy the same size, does anyone know the size of oil filter for a 2007 RSMV?

I was surprised to see that the size is not in the owners manuel.

Thanks

There are a lot of filters that will work for you. I use the Walmart ST7317. Other choices are:

Brand

Part Number

Baldwin

B1400

Fram

PH6017A

Napa Gold

Perf-Form

PFJ503

Purolator

PL14612 (2.5 inches long)

Purolator

ML16819

WIX

Yamaha

3FV-13440-00-00

AC Delco

PF2135

Amsoil

SMF103

Carquest

Honda

15410-MJC-00

K&N

KN-303 or Chrome KN-303C

STP

SMO 17

Bosch

3300 (2.5 inches long)

Mobile

M1-108 (2.5 inches long)

Thank you Gentlemen,

I will go out and buy my oil filter today.

I have also read others suggesting the rear end (drive shaft) be changed as well.

Is this a difficult thing to do without specific tools?

Thank you Gentlemen,

I will go out and buy my oil filter today.

I have also read others suggesting the rear end (drive shaft) be changed as well.

Is this a difficult thing to do without specific tools?

You will need the allen wrench to remove the left side bag and a 17mm wrench to remove the drain plug and fill plug.