Hi Folks:

I have a high beam indicator with a mind of it's own. Blue light works if it feels like it and takes a break whenever... Sometimes after I've been out for awhile it will come on then works fine for the rest of the ride. Temperature and dampness do not seem to matter. Any ideas?

Wayne

Mine is the same. I have found that the wire from the reserve lighting unit is not going to ground. I haven't traced it any further yet.

It did seem a bit better for a short while after testing with the headlight disconnected but that could have been coincidence.

Mine comes and goes on my 84 also. I'm just assuming that the bulb is bad or there is a loose wire or connection back behind the dash.

It doesn't bother me enough though that I plan on tearing into the thing anytime soon. When I lubed my throttle cable I could barely get my hands in there and there was a ton of wires.

I mostly just leave my high beams on anyway, even though it might irk some other drivers...:080402gudl_prv:

Mine comes and goes on my 84 also. I'm just assuming that the bulb is bad or there is a loose wire or connection back behind the dash.

It doesn't bother me enough though that I plan on tearing into the thing anytime soon. When I lubed my throttle cable I could barely get my hands in there and there was a ton of wires.

I mostly just leave my high beams on anyway, even though it might irk some other drivers...:080402gudl_prv:

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but how did you lube the throttle cable? Would like to do mine but just couldn't find a way to do it.

Thanks.