IGNORED

How to remove the Windshield? 2000 XVZ 1300

Guest PKSlice

Guest PKSlice

Hi, I really need to cut my windshield down. Couldn't see a thing in the sun and almost crashed. They should change the angle or something. Gonna get some smoked Lexan and make a cool shorty.

Anyway what do I have to do remove to get the windshield off, and in what sequence? It's the full-dresser model with the retro dashboard.

PKslice (AKA Geets):stirthepot:

If its the RSV Millenium edition, the easiest thing I can suggest, is for you to go to the 2nd Generation Tech section in this forum and look at the section about Splitting the Fairing. Its a great section of info anyway and one you'll want to explore.

Its a pretty simple procedure but well written there.

Hi, I really need to cut my windshield down. Couldn't see a thing in the sun and almost crashed. They should change the angle or something. Gonna get some smoked Lexan and make a cool shorty.

Anyway what do I have to do remove to get the windshield off, and in what sequence? It's the full-dresser model with the retro dashboard.

PKslice (AKA Geets):stirthepot:

you should have been at the marcarl meet may last year. i gave a personal demonstration of how to get the windshield off the venture. too bad nobody was standing at that sandy corner shooting a video,that we could show you. some physical harm is involved doing it my way, so maybe try some other way......someone will chime in soon on how its done, i am sure.:missingtooth: