IGNORED

'89 Venture compressor oil leak repair

Hello folks,

While using the air compressor a while back I noticed oil running down the rear fender. Today I pulled the rear trunk off and it looks like the oil was coming from the compressor or whatever the thing with three cylinders attached is. Is there a way to repair this or do I have to delete it?

Is it possible that the bike had been laid on its side at one time. Reason I ask is if that is the case, front fork oil may have possibly entered the air line and works its way back to the compressor and solenoids and that is what you have leaking.  I am not aware of any oil used in the compressor so that wouldnt be what you have leaking.  If you have the service manual, you can check pages 2-41 thru 2-46 and the services needed on the air compressor. There is also a procedure of how to remove the fork oil from the lines on page 2-40. The service manual is available in the tech section library.

Good luck and let us know how it goes..

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight. No doubt it has been laid down prior to my ownership. I rebuilt the forks with progressive springs and seals not long after I bought it several years ago and it hasn't been down since I have owned it. As I don't use air in the forks since the rebuild, should I just disconnect and plug that line? I will pull down the manual and run through the services too.