IGNORED

Any Cigar Enthusiasts Out There?

uncledj

Lisa and I used to go to Cigarnival, which was an event hosted by Famous Smoke.  It grew every year until it got to be more than they wanted to deal with.   

(1000+ people)   

It was a great event, with cigars being given away, great food and bikini mamas' walking around as beermaids.   I've gone with Lisa, I've gone with friends, we took the motorhome and parked it on site for the 2 day event.    We were saddened by their decision to stop doing it, although we understood why.

I just came across this teaser from Best Cigar Prices, which says they're going to have an event in May, although there's no details offered yet.

Seeing this got the tiny, rusty, worn out gears in my head to thinking....."Wouldn't it be great to get together with any of the VR family who may be inclined to attend such an event?"    Either to simply enjoy the event itself, or maybe mix in some rides....or I dunno what. ....Any input appreciated.

Cigarnival was a great event.   Lisa doesn't smoke and dosen't much care for the smell of cigar smoke,  ....(who does?)....but she enjoys the event, as did a couple of other people I've taken who don't normally smoke cigars.    The food, adult beverages, and the entertainment made it a fun time.

I dunno how this event will stack up, but it's definitely piqued my interest.

Hey John,

Where would this event take place? I am assuming it is in Ohio, but I thought if we nailed down the event site, we might get a bit more interest in it. I for one have been an "Avid" Cigar Smoker for pretty much my entire adult life. Unfortunately, due to recent events, (Heart Attack, Bypass, etc.) I have been left to Vape from time to time. BUT I am always up for a good Meet and Greet! Count me in! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Earl

Never got into cigars but made a lot of $$$ back in the 80’s working in the tobacco fields. Most of the tobacco grown here is dark fire cured for snuff but there was quite a bit of burley going to the cigar industry. Teenagers back then worked the fields for car and gas money, now it’s all mega farms and migrant workers. Hard dirty work but paid well. 

13 hours ago, skydoc_17 said:

Hey John,

Where would this event take place? I am assuming it is in Ohio, but I thought if we nailed down the event site, we might get a bit more interest in it. I for one have been an "Avid" Cigar Smoker for pretty much my entire adult life. Unfortunately, due to recent events, (Heart Attack, Bypass, etc.) I have been left to Vape from time to time. BUT I am always up for a good Meet and Greet! Count me in! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Earl

They haven't given specifics, other than in the Poconos'.    When they used to have the Cigarnival event, it was in Easton, PA, just West of Philly.   The way the event went was that to attend you had to buy a ticket, which was in the neighborhood of $400, but they'd give you a small duffel, and you'd walk by all the cigar makers booths, where they'd all hand you one of their cigars.   You'd end up with at least your ticket price in value of premium cigars.    The food was prepared on site with a few barbecues going, and the beer was included,....I can't remember if we had to pay for liquor drinks or not, but of course, you'd tip the servers.   

I paid $20 for a raffle ticket once and won a 2 minute run through the warehouse, which was about the size of a Home Depot, and could keep as many cigar boxes as I could carry out.   I ended up with $2300 worth of cigars.    That kept me going for a while.    They also had raffles where you could buy tickets and the give aways would go on for hours.   TVs, electronics, humidors, cigars, swag and such.    Everyone at the event was cool, having a good time, drinking, smoking and socializing.

When they release the particulars, I'll post a link.

• Like 1