I have a 2005 RSV with a show chrome windshiel. The windshield sees a little short. Does anyone know what the height and width of the factory windshield is? Also does the show chrome create more turbulance? You would think Yamaha would put on the one that resulted in a more aerodynamic ride. Just wondering!! Also anyone going to the Texas Star-B-Q?

Thanks

Yamahas is what they call 17 inches,if you buy from clearview there equvailent is 22 inches as it leans back toeards the rider a little more. If you go to clearviews website it will show which is the standard Yamaha size in THEIR lineup..

I have a 2005 RSV with a show chrome windshiel. The windshield sees a little short. Does anyone know what the height and width of the factory windshield is? Also does the show chrome create more turbulance? You would think Yamaha would put on the one that resulted in a more aerodynamic ride. Just wondering!! Also anyone going to the Texas Star-B-Q?

Thanks

The stock shield is 4" narrower (sides go straight up from where they go into the fairing), and 4" taller than the ShowChrome. Correct height depends on how tall you are and how long your mid section is. I'm 6'5", and correct height for me was to cut 1.5" off the stock shield.

Goose