IGNORED

sheepskins

bikerjohn51

I heard that on long rides that sheepskins can make your delicate backside more comfortable................. true or false................. if true, does anyone know of a local dealer in southwestern Ontario Canada???? 88 VR bikerjohn51...

RIDE EVERY DAY,...........:322: LIKE IT IS YOUR LAST

Wild Hair gave me a piece of riding advice last year up in Fort Collins...

He said, go to the local dollar store and buy yourself a throw mat that you place in front of the bath tube (for a buck or two at most). Get one the same color as your bike..

Fold it in half and put the fold on th efront part of the east, with a bungie cord going thru the fold and hook the bungie under the seat on each side..

Take a pocket knife, and poke / cut a small hole in each the two corners and place a bungie hook thru each corner hole...tie the bungie cord to the chrome center trunk rack and you have the same effect that a sheep skin has and a whole lot cheaper..

I did just this while in Ft. Collins, and when I left there I rode 14.5 hours straight and my butt didnt sweat..

If you want to know what to use when riding you have to ask the one and only VR icon man who rides..(LA Pryor)..

Guest BluesLover

I'm with Charlie on this one John. We use an IKEA sheepskin on the Virago for long rides - never used it on the RSV though.

On a totally different note, I see you're from Chatsworth. A bunch of us are heading up that way on Saturday to go to the Harley Blues Cafe for lunch!

Cheers,

So I took all of your advice on the IKEA sheepskin. Can't wait to try it out as we leave for 10 days to South Dakota next week! The only color they have is white, which both of our bikes are black.

Has anyone ever tried dying these?

Also, can you cut them? The one I got is pretty big, and I would like to cut it in half. One for my passenger seat on the Venture and one for my Virago. Thanks for any advice!

• 1 year later...