IGNORED

Dying out and dim lights at low RPM?

Sorry I haven't updated you lately. Since I cleaned the tank, filter, and carbs, my bike is running good. Still not the best, I know I can do better. However, I do have a curious question.

Every once in a while, it will just lug and die. Kind of like it runs out of gas. but then after about 2 minutes, it starts right back up. ALSO, there are times that my lights dim really bad at low rpm but brighten right back up when I rev to about 1500 rpm.

any ideas?

Thanks

Merlin

The RPM need to be up more, about 1000 rpm's, the charging systems on these Ventures is less than desireable. As as it dying, if you have taken care of the fuel delivery system it shouldn't be that system. But it doesn't make any sense as the problem would seem to lend itself to a fuel problem. Get the RPM's up and see if that doesn't take of the problem, BTW did you do a complete tune up with wires caps and plugs also?

Your stator doesn't start to put out until around 2500 rpm, and anytime it isn't putting out you're running on battery amps only. First I'd make sure your idle R's are at 1000. Then start checking accessory connections for dirt. Also check your ground connection and make sure it's clean. Lastly, your battery might be on the verge of dieing, and not capable of handling the amp load of the accessories by itself, so your headlights dim. Another thought is the CPM might need to be resoldered?? My 2¢