IGNORED

Put my old truck to work

Gary N.

I finally got around to hauling something on the back of my old Cab Over besides a bike. I've been selling off a few of my projects that never got off the ground and delivered one of them today. It's a '55 Chev pickup. The guy I bought it from years ago had installed an earlier style ('48 -'53) grill and included the older style box with it. That's why there is another box sitting on top of the stock one.

Yep...I have no use for that truck but if I could afford it, I would own it. :)

I used to have a '53 GMC and really liked it also. Mine had a granny gear 4 speed and was a tough old truck. Wish I had it back also.

Still, I love the old cab over. I must need it for SOMETHING. :confused24:

I used to have a '53 GMC and really liked it also. Mine had a granny gear 4 speed and was a tough old truck. Wish I had it back also.

I think you could use that truck to pull stuff from the pond :stirthepot:

I think you could use that truck to pull stuff from the pond :stirthepot:

Tempting, isn't that right Don. 93 Venture, even provided you with an excuse.........

:stirthepot::mo money::mo money::rotf::rotf::rotf:

HA!! I used to have a '53 GMC with a 4 speed granny. Straight 6. Used to pull my restored 1934 Garwood Woody around with it. Small world... :)

Not unless Don wants to buy it.

I guess you better take it to maintenance day then, Gary! Don said he wants to buy it.......but he can't!

With that grill, that truck looks alot like my '50, it just doesn't have enough windows!!!:rotf:

With that grill, that truck looks alot like my '50, it just doesn't have enough windows!!!:rotf:

It's the same as yours. It is a five window cab. Note the one piece windshield though. They were only used in '54 and '55. They used the same grill from '47 through '53.

I finally got around to hauling something on the back of my old Cab Over besides a bike. I've been selling off a few of my projects that never got off the ground and delivered one of them today. It's a '55 Chev pickup. The guy I bought it from years ago had installed an earlier style ('48 -'53) grill and included the older style box with it. That's why there is another box sitting on top of the stock one.

I love that old truck, the hauler. Looking forward to seeing you again this weekend. Ride safe.

Jay