IGNORED

Log Gas Mileage

Guest Bill 2008

Guest Bill 2008

I went from 38/40 MPG to 23 MPG after my 600 mile service. Can anyone tell me what the problem is,?

years ago i used to haul logs and MPG ran around 4 mile per gallon on a good day:thumbsup2:

what all did you have them do on the 600 mile service?

but on my bike i get a steady 50 or better most of the time

dray

Edited by dray

Bill I sure hope your mechanic can solve the problem and you can get your bike back to the 40mpg.

I'm nearly at the 200 mile spot, so I will soon have to get mine in for service. Like you I am getting exactly 40mpg, so I will be watching and listen to other posts in case the same thing happens to mine.

Good luck

Dave

I see you have a 2008 Venture. My 05 has 13800 miles on it. Just took an 800 trip to Tybee Island, GA over Memorial Day weekend and averaged between 41 and 44mpg riding 2 up and loaded out. ... Noticed some popping (slight backfire slowing down) and that it wasn't pulling at 65mph up hill as smoothly as it once did. Had carbs sync'd this last Saturday. They were way off. It is running great now.

Any backfire? Does it run rough in a pull? I'm sure that these people on this site know way more than I do about how to diagnose the problem.

Tim

Guest Highway

Got about 27K on my 06 with Bubs, and get around 40mpg (give or take) when I can keep from twisting to far.:322: