IGNORED

Extended Warranty

Hello all, I'm the second owner of a 2018 Yamaha SVTC. So far no problems but I did have the brake switch and starter serviced under warranty per the recall.  My original factory warranty expires in Feb. 2024. While at the dealership, I asked about after market warranties and they have one that looks pretty good in terms of coverage, unlimited miles, 3 years for about $1300. Typically I would never touch one of these things but reading about some of the engine problems does concern me about what might be to come. I have just under 6,000 miles on it. On the other hand, I love this bike and for the money it's hard to beat the features, comfort and performance. 

I am curious if any others have considered or purchased an additional after market warranty and thoughts for or against it. 

While at the dealership getting the starter replaced, I was looking at the Indian Pursuits. A lot of money for similar features on the SVTC which makes seriously consider the extended warranty to keep what I have.

Thoughts?

I am on the opposite side.  I also have the '18 and had all the warranty items replaced by my trusted Yamaha shop.  At this time, I think my yamaha warranty had already expired.  Ride safe and enjoy the bike.  

I'm looking for an extended warranty myself. Mine expired in May and Yamaha wouldn't extend the warranty when I asked about it last year and again recently (no surprise there). What type are you considering for purchase? Aturella offers a 2 yr for $924.44 and 3 yr for $1124.00 Non transferrable warranties. I'm communicating with Aturella because in the contract it states that normal maintenance records are to be kept and shown before they honor service. I do my own maintenance as far as oil and other fluid changes unless I'm too far out of town (touring). $35-45.00 is waaay better than $250-350.00 and I do it every 3000 miles. The ones I'm considering have sent me the contract to read over before signing.