IGNORED

2006 Venture handling

New here and I hope to be a permanent member of this group soon. 
Yesterday (Sept 3rd) I test drove a 2006 Venture - beautiful bike, with about 60,000 miles. 
I really enjoyed it, but the only concern was that the front end was very wobble at slow speed, and not smooth and responsive, even in gentle corners. 
Based on past experience, it seemed like the forks needed a service, or the forks needed air (easy fix on these Ventures), or the tire was low on pressure, or all of these. I think the dealer had not performed a test ride before putting it on the sales floor.

Quick Question: Can someone confirm that a properly maintained Venture (1999-2013)would be “smooth” and steady steering at low speeds and medium speeds during turns….and not wobbly and shaky?

Thanks.

At parking lot speeds they do have heavy steering, there are ways to offset that. Beyond that they ride great, I would start with tire pressure and fork pressure checks. The forks are not pressure equalized and must be set individually, not hard with a zero loss pump. Funny story on the tire pressure when I bought mine, I test rode it and wouldn’t get above 30-35 mph because the handling was so bad. I didn’t buy it and told the owner there was a problem with the steering. After thinking about it I went back and checked the pressures, both nearly flat. I had ASS-U-MEd any seller would check tires knowing a buyer was coming to test it. Aired them up, rode it, bought it. 

• Like 1