IGNORED

Hey Ontario...who's going to Asheville?

ReinyRooster

Fellow Ontario VentureRiders........I don't know about you but between 2 hip replacement surgeries and the Covid lockdowns and travel restrictions, I haven't been anywhere on a bike in way too long. Assuming cross border travel is allowed then, who is going to the Asheville get-together in August?

At this point in time, I am giving it some serious thought. Who else wants to go?

Always interesting to think about, not that I think much, I usually just do things off the top of my head, and sometimes that gets me trouble in the butt, not that I have much of a butt, but what I got is mine so it comes along. Where are we going?

ReinyRooster,  I may be looking at a hip replacement.  If you don't mind, could you tell me about your experience with that surgery?  Was it performed from the rear, direct approach, or from the anterior?  How was the recuperation period?  How long? Anything helpful hints you could pass on?  Thanks!

Both of mine went in from the side. I had a spinal tap and then they top you off so when you wake up you're not too groggy. The idiot doing my second surgery spinal tap tried 6 times, then they got somebody else that needed 3 more tries.....oh well. They have you up walking the same day or the next day. They send you home on day 3 if no complications. Pain was minimal, certainly much less then before. I strongly recommend following the rehab exercises. My right hip came out much better then the left one.....it's not terrible, just not as good as the right one. The right one feels as good as new and the scar is almost invisible after 2 years.

Good luck......I'm free to chat about it anytime if you need to.

• Thanks 1