IGNORED

Lack of Acceleration

I have had this bike in my shop for a few months. We have rebuilt the carbs, and sync them together. Replaced sparkplugs, fuel filter, and fuel lines. It will start with full choke and dies when choke is off....(i figure pilots are dirty again...) The reason for this post is the lack of acceleration when I first got it completed, it seems to be slow for a big bike....does it have issues with the AIS? Should i remove it like we do on most Vstars?

No.

Leave everything stock until you've solved your carb issues. With respect to AIS, check for vacuum leaks!

1. Pull carbs. Clean pilot jets. Check pilot jet seats carefully. They should seat with very little pressure...ie.... Gently close screw.

2. Make sure floats are set properly. Float height will determine carb's ability to run in all phases of usage. Float height also effects mpg's! Yes...Doesn't make sense but it does.

3. Properly set up....97 HP will move a 900 lb scoot quite nicely! So yes, an RSV can run like a bat out of..... When running right. 

Be persistent. You'll get it. And be pleased!

David

P.S. if pilots are considerably clogging, since you've changed out filter and fuel lines...All that's left is crap in the tank... Or you've not cleaned up the carbs good enough. Still some varnish or crap flaking off somewhere. 

Edited by videoarizona