IGNORED

Pull backs for Handlebars ??

Guest JMAC71

Guest JMAC71

Has anybody had any experience putting some brand of pull backs for the handlebars on a 2006 RSTD? I would like to bring my handlebars back just a tad to keep from having to stretch my arms out. Not bad, but a lil uncomfortable. Just was wanting some reccommadations from anybody who has done something similiar.

Thanks,

Jerry

I've done it on my RSV:cool10:. I'm not sure it is the same for RSTD. I have Baron 1 1/2" risers as do some others. With these you do not have to change your cables. :confused24:I'm not sure they work on the RSTD thou...:080402gudl_prv:.

Guest JMAC71

Thanks guys, that is a thought. I will try that tomorrow. I will do a look-see into the Baron's risers as well. Just need a lil bit. An inch would be great.

thanks,

Jerry

Thanks guys, that is a thought. I will try that tomorrow. I will do a look-see into the Baron's risers as well. Just need a lil bit. An inch would be great.

thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

Let us know how it turns out. I too would like to have a little bit of pull back on my 2007 RSTD. :confused24:

Thanks,

James

• 3 weeks later...

I'm installing Baron 1 1/2" risers on my RSV when they get here, I would think that will fit the TD it's the same bike without all the extras but you might want to call and check with them before ordering. If your in a hurry then don't order from Barons I have been waiting for them to ship mine for 5 days nows. They are not very fast although they are fast in charging your card account and their shipping is well lets say they are taking lessons from some EBay sellers....

I've done it on my RSV:cool10:. I'm not sure it is the same for RSTD. I have Baron 1 1/2" risers as do some others. With these you do not have to change your cables. :confused24:I'm not sure they work on the RSTD thou...:080402gudl_prv:.

Yeah, what he said.

I purchased a set from GenMar MFG several years ago for my RSV. They will also fit the RSTD. Bought them through cruiser customizing. Barons carries the exact same thing. I did not have to change out cables. I think they run aobut $65. hope this helps

:080402gudl_prv:

They are not very fast although they are fast in charging your card account and their shipping is well lets say they are taking lessons from some EBay sellers....

Ain't that the truth!

When I took my risers off to put on the RSTD bars, a couple of the bolts seemed to have a little wobble.. like they were slightly bent. I've been thinking about putting the risers under the RSTD bars just to see what that felt like. Not sure the cables will reach. Anyway, I wanted to replace those bolts first. I called Barons to see if I could order some. No problem! They would send me a couple no charge, just pay the shipping. Great! Until I saw the invoice. $13 and some change to ship the two bolts! Learned my lesson!

Has anybody had any experience putting some brand of pull backs for the handlebars on a 2006 RSTD? I would like to bring my handlebars back just a tad to keep from having to stretch my arms out. Not bad, but a lil uncomfortable. Just was wanting some reccommadations from anybody who has done something similiar.

Thanks,

Jerry

Flanders makes a bar for the RSTD that will give you what your looking for.

I installed the Baron risers - love them. Did not have to replace any cables or change anything on the RSV. Only issue with the risers is that the bars at the tree will touch the plastic gas tank cowling where the ignition switch is. But it is minor - it really only affects this when you are pushing the bike around - not affected during riding.

You cannot use risers on the late model RSTD's....due to the speedo configuration. I purchased a set of Flanders Bars and they work perfect. You'l have to replace the brake cable and clutch cable. I had my dealer do it when I purchased the bike this year and they work great.

Tony

• 11 months later...

You can't use risers on the RSTD. It isn't the same as the RSV.

The Flanders part #650-08783 replacement bars is the only option I found. I did not have to replace any cables or lines, I just re-routed them a little. It's pretty simple to do.

I have a 07 Venture and I was wanting to put some risers on it. It just seems like you have to reach to the bars. Are the ones you are talking about 1 inch up and 1/2 out. I dont want to change out my cables but I would like to have them back to me a little. Also does anyone have the part # for the Borons. Thanks Tonto

I took a set of stock risers (left overs),,,cut the studs off flush and had them machined to fit the radius of the lower half of the existing riser, bought longer screws( 1 inch) and installed, gained 1 in. Feels good and cheap!

Renne

I place Barons risers on my RSMV. Nice change. I ran with this setup for a year or so. If on a budget and want the bars back, not a bad way to go.

Only issue I had was the hard rubber slots under the fairing was not resting on the bars as they are designed to.

I then put RTD stock bars on. Great way to go as far as I am concerned. Wider, bars come back to me. They should put this setup on as stock as it makes all the difference.

Only issue with this is the 12V plug on the left side in not usable as the bars cover this area. No problem, I placed an outlet on the left side under the seat.

You can't use risers on the RSTD. It isn't the same as the RSV.

The Flanders part #650-08783 replacement bars is the only option I found. I did not have to replace any cables or lines, I just re-routed them a little. It's pretty simple to do.

i went with this on my rstd and love it. i did opt for new braided stainless lines that were longer. i'm 5'8" and the dull nagging pain in my back is gone. love it!!!!

skip all the riser info, the speedo will not allow for it. just call flanders and put the order in or go have someone custom make longer bars.

enjoy the ride!

I had to move the bars to omuch shoulder pain a friend gave me a pair of stock riser's off a 01 Roadstar I put them on took the mounting braket of f the botom of the speedo the front bolt still fit on the chrome cover had to buy a couple large washers to go under the riser's then I used plastic cable ties under the speedo to reattach to the handle bar it tips the speedo up slightly works well for me and cost was just the washer's