IGNORED

Out of touch and out of reach for 5 weeks.

spear

Greetings all,

Just a quick post to let you know I won't be annoying anybody for a while after tomorrow.

Bright and early Thursday morning Wendy and I are heading off on a 5 weeks camping holiday through Central Australia. No bike - taking the Subaru Outback.

In that time we will cover the entire continent from south to north (Adelaide to Darwin) then back again through inland Queensland. Check your atlas!

Not taking any wireless broadband, so won't be on-line for those 5 weeks.

Will however (when time and opportunity permit) check in to internet cafes and let you know how we're travelling.

Plan on taking 4 cameras with me so I'll have thousands of images to play with whilst away, and hopefully sell a few when I get back to help finance the holiday.

Y'all be careful out there you hear.

I'll miss the 5,000th member joining, but whoever it may be - Welcome.

Cheers from the Great Southern Land.

Spear

You'll have a great time. Back in the early 90's my wife and I circumnavigated the entire US. We were planning on being gone 4 weeks, but ended up cutting it a couple of days short. Got tired.... We did take a bunch of pics tho. This was pre-digital and I burned up 2 bricks of slide film. The funny part about the trip was that I took probably 30 grand worth of hi-tech Nikon cameras and lenses. Used the Nikons for one roll of film on the flight line at Homestead AFB where my wifes brother was the CO. The rest of the film I ran thru a Leica Point-n-Shoot. Much easier to carry. I'd have gone nutz with a digital!! Have fun!!

Spear,

You guys have fun.. be safe and take some photos.

Let me know when you get back to a noraml lving again, because I want to see if you can do something for me over there.....and it is not bike related..:thumbsup2:

Spear,

You guys have fun.. be safe and take some photos.

Let me know when you get back to a noraml lving again, because I want to see if you can do something for me over there.....and it is not bike related..:thumbsup2:

Any time Eck.

I'll let you know when I'm back, don't y'all worry.

Hey Don. Just tried an earlier reply to this message and it came back with an error of the website not being found. My reply had disappeared - so I had to re-do it.

Spear

Spear, you and your sheila have a safe walk-about and we'll see ya when you get back! Take the bike and tell her you can get just as much stuff on there as you can the Outback!

Dan

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Made it back today - 5 days ahead of schedule.

Some statistics for you:

Away from home for 30 days.

Took 4,300 photos. Best sessions was 570 shots in a 2 hours session in the wetlands in Kakadu.

Drove 10,688kms and did the entire length of the longest highway in Australia.

Crossed the continent (north to south) twice to do it all.

Swam with crocodiles, ate barramundi and generally had a bloody good time!

Used 1,100 litres of fuel that cost me $1,900.

Spent $900 on various accommodation, from unpowered campsites to motel rooms.

Temperatures ranged from 33degC (in the north) :scorched: to 0degC :snow2: the day we got back home. Did not encounter 1 drop of rain in those 30 days.

Saw only 1 RSV in my travels, and that was at a road house in the middle of the Outback.

Thanks for the welcome back guys.

Would love to still be there, but have to work to pay for next year's trip.

Looks like it may be Canada.

As for photos - give me time. I have to process over 4,000 RAW files.