IGNORED

New Owner Questions

cuffemdude

I purchased a 2006 RSV last month and have a few questions:

1. What type of communications devices are recommended that mesh with the on-board intercom? We have 3/4 helmets. I was quoted a price of $300 at the dealership for a set and I'm hoping to find something more reasonable.

2. Is there a "fix" for setting the cruise control at speeds greater than 80mph?

3. The door for the cassette player sticks, and won't open without quite a bit of effort. Is there a way to correct this problem? Is there a CD player available that would fit in the same space?

:think:

Jeff pretty much nailed it. I don't know of any fix for the cruise control and I know of no CD player that will fit in that space. Most of us use MP3 players anyway. As for the cassette door, if you push lightly right in the center it usually works well.

Guest TFD69

You might try setting the cruise control below 80 then bump it up by hitting the Accel/Resume button. This method bypasses the cruise control upper limit but I don't know if it will work on the lower engagement limit.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I know he manual states 80 MPH is the limit for the Cruise Control, but on both of my RSVs, it works up to 85, not 80.

The cassette door has a latch on BOTH sides. Either just push it in the center, or use a finger on each side at the same time.

And I have a couple of HJC helmets and J&M mid-grade headsets for sale here:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/1153/cat/11/date/1207693403

Good luck, and glad you are here,

Goose

You might try setting the cruise control below 80 then bump it up by hitting the Accel/Resume button. This method bypasses the cruise control upper limit but I don't know if it will work on the lower engagement limit.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I know he manual states 80 MPH is the limit for the Cruise Control, but on both of my RSVs, it works up to 85, not 80.

Welcome, glad you joined us.

Steve Not sure that works for all as mine cuts out at 80 mph as measured on the GPS, Which is close to 90 on the speedo. The speedo's are out and your speed is actually lower than posted on the speedometer.

Brad

Guest TFD69
Welcome, glad you joined us.

Steve Not sure that works for all as mine cuts out at 80 mph as measured on the GPS, Which is close to 90 on the speedo. The speedo's are out and your speed is actually lower than posted on the speedometer.

Brad

Hey Brad, yes I've had one of those new fangled GPS thingys for two years now. Had a chance to test my theory on the interstate in Idaho where the speed limit is 80 mph stopped pushing the button when I was cruising 15 mph over the posted limit according to my Garmin 2730. The bike ran great riding two up pulling a trailer packed for a 40 day camping trip. I admit that this may not be true of all ventures but we will never know unless you do your own test

Your test results may vary:rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf: