IGNORED

Fairing installation on RSTD

Folks...I got an email from one of our members who is looking for an article that was once posted here about installing a fairing on a RSTD. I've done a search and found a few threads but not the one where one of our members actually did it and posted some instructions on the bracket that he made and etc. I'm thinking that it must have been before the "Big Crash of '06". :)

If you are the one who did it and/or know who did, please post again. It would actually also be good info to add to our tech library.

• 3 months later...
Guest Pat S

If you look at my photo you will see a (Trike Shop FLH style) aftermarket fairing painted to match the bike..I only had one problem with the install..the bracket that they sell had to be modified to clear the bottom of the headlight..and also their powder coating was garbage on the brackets..i had them redone in black instead of the grey that they had..I also found an Alpine Radio that has the XM built into it with nothing other to add but the antenna...cool

I see Hoppe is now making a fairing for the 2005 up RSTD's. And from what I understand, they will clip right on and off - just like the current windshield does.

Yes, I saw one at Americade last week. I have some pictures and I'll try to get them posted tonight if possible. Looked good and had pretty good quality components.

• 9 months later...
Folks...I got an email from one of our members who is looking for an article that was once posted here about installing a fairing on a RSTD. I've done a search and found a few threads but not the one where one of our members actually did it and posted some instructions on the bracket that he made and etc. I'm thinking that it must have been before the "Big Crash of '06". :)

If you are the one who did it and/or know who did, please post again. It would actually also be good info to add to our tech library.

I JUST HAD A FAIRING AND RADIO INSTALLED ON MY ROYAL STAR-- PURCHASED THE

FAIRING ASSEMBLY AT WWW.OPENWIDECUSTOM.COM AND HAD THE BRACKETS MADE TO

FIT MY BIKE.

I JUST ADDED A HANNIGAN TRIKE KIT TO MY 2005 RSTD

DAVID

RS_41.jpg

trike2005.jpg

trike202.jpg

trike9.jpg

trike7.jpg

Edited by DAVID WHETSTONE
updated bike to a trike

I JUST HAD A FAIRING AND RADIO INSTALLED ON MY ROYAL STAR-- PURCHASED THE

FAIRING ASSEMBLY AT WWW.OPENWIDECUSTOM.COM AND HAD THE BRACKETS MADE TO

FIT MY BIKE.

DAVID

That is one of the best fairings on a RSTD that I've seen. Looks really good, though I'm sure you will get a lot of comments that it looks like a Harley (especially from those crazy antique first gen riders).

So how is the wind and rain protection without the lowers that were on the bottom of the windshield? Also, your link didn't work, so I assume you mean http://www.wideopencustom.com/Fairings.htm

Those fairings look nice and the pricing is reasonable. I also like the fact that you can keep the quick release mechanism so you can remove it and go back to the regular windshield if you want. Which fairing did you order? The one that fits the Road Star or Harley road king? Also can you elaborate a little on how you made the brakets or did you just modify the supplied brackets that came with the fairing? Thanks for any info you can give.