IGNORED

What To Do With That Useless Hole!?

What is the story with that hole. I heard it was for a manual choke but i already got one on the left handlebar.

I want to put a switch there for my driving lights. Is this gonna happen? Do they make them skinny enough to fit that hole and and enough room for the 3 blades underneath?

An inquiring mind wants to know and also plug that annoying hole!

PS. I forgot to tell you where the hole is. It is the one next to the ignition switch.

Edited by GigaWhiskey
added more

brother, that's called a "rat hole"!!!!!

you take all your "spare "$$$$ bills, " and stuff 'em in that hole, - - - for future safety chrome, gas, or small batch , stuff!

lol

i haven't noticed the hole, on my bike, but i will look in the a. m .!

lol

just jt:confused24::confused24:

What is the story with that hole. I heard it was for a manual choke but i already got one on the left handlebar.

I want to put a switch there for my driving lights. Is this gonna happen? Do they make them skinny enough to fit that hole and and enough room for the 3 blades underneath?

PS. I forgot to tell you where the hole is. It is the one next to the ignition switch.

That is where the air chuck, pressurizes the front forks with air, on a standard version (no CLASS setup)

That is where the air chuck, pressurizes the front forks with air, on a standard version (no CLASS setup)

Well I'll be darn. There is a use for that hole after all. Now I am gonna wonder if there was a plug or something perty for that hole that come up missing on mine.

Hope I can fit a switch in there, it would shore look better.

I always had an odd light, labelled in Japanese hanging around near there and assumedit was a warning if you went over 55mph or some such rubbish. I used it to put the switch for a wave band extender so I could tune to UK radio stations.

A place to pump up the front forks would be handy though as my CLASS loses air. Or maybe it's the forks themselves... Either way, I wonder how easy it would be to reconnect (so I could get more than 22 psi).

Well I'll be darn. There is a use for that hole after all. Now I am gonna wonder if there was a plug or something perty for that hole that come up missing on mine.

Hope I can fit a switch in there, it would shore look better.

There originally was a plug/cap that fit in there on the Royales. Your's may have gotten legs. It actually didn't fit in the hole but on the flange underneath the cover. The '84 I just picked up has a button installed in the hole. I still haven't figured out what the dang thing does yet....

If you would take pics and document what youre doing , it would be appreciated. Mine still has a fill in plastic plug over the top, but I was thinking like you, it was crying out for a switch or a light just to look finished!

Brian:cool10::cool10:

I thought we were talking about a hole in the dash, top right of the removeable stero insert, but now I realise that people are talking about the hole in piece of plastic around the ignition switch. Mine too has a blanking plug, but looking at the manual for the standard XVZ12TK I can see that the schroeder valve for the air assistance on the front forks would have poked through here.