IGNORED

Ok all you Formula 1 buffs what's your 2cents

Squeeze

5 of us...

just watching the qualifying now, I record all the F1 stuff on Speed as well.

It has become quite a train these days but I love the sights and sounds just the same. Perhaps they will reduce some of the aerodynamics so the cars can run closer....

BTW, F1 doesn't have traction control anymore...

Red front Row, silver 2nd row and my Prediction seems out of Space.

Now, i'll wait for the Race and keep my Mouth shut. The BMW's are way off and the older Drivers seem to produce more Crashes than the young Guns.

That's all right Squeeze, we'll forgive you. We'll wait till the morning to see the results of the 1st turn, maybe your prediction will come true. Seems like Kimi can't keep his nose out of trouble on the harder tracks.

BTW, bike coming along nicely, with the major exception of.........................................

FREAKIN' SWING ARM SHOCK LINK BUSHINGS ARE BACK-ORDERED TILL THE 2ND! Chris at Flatout didn't have the b*lls to tell me earlier in the week, waited till 4:30 yesterday when I went in for my other parts that they weren't in. Does anybody make aftermarket bushings for them???? I figured if anybody knew, you would, 'cause YOU'RE THE KING!!!!!

Dan

That's all right Squeeze, we'll forgive you. We'll wait till the morning to see the results of the 1st turn, maybe your prediction will come true. Seems like Kimi can't keep his nose out of trouble on the harder tracks.

BTW, bike coming along nicely, with the major exception of.........................................

FREAKIN' SWING ARM SHOCK LINK BUSHINGS ARE BACK-ORDERED TILL THE 2ND! Chris at Flatout didn't have the b*lls to tell me earlier in the week, waited till 4:30 yesterday when I went in for my other parts that they weren't in. Does anybody make aftermarket bushings for them???? I figured if anybody knew, you would, 'cause YOU'RE THE KING!!!!!

Dan

Massa's Head Engineer was totally thrilled about the Time which brought him up in Pole. For me it seemed, the filled him up to last until just before half Race. Then a Stop with remaining on prime Tire and a splash and dash with Option Tires. Kimi will do fine, he's cool enough to maintain whatever he can get and will keep the Championship open. McLaren 's looking very good the Moment, but Hamilton looked very hard on the Car. If he drives this Way through the whole race, a dnf is sure IMO. Be it a ruined or a wrecked Car.

You mean until June, 2nd ??

My Lathe sure would make some 'Aftermarket' Bushings out of Brass or Delrin(black) depending what Material you would prefer, but i'm sure i wouldn't bring them over to you in Time. But i know i Guy in Indiana, who might have a Lathe also ...

The rain ruined everything, it becomes a roll of the dice.

Come to think of it just like nascar.

Yeah pretty much I guess except some of the F1 guys are pretty good in the rain, usually not the same ones that are good on the dry. Interesting without the traction control.

The kid from England is pretty good in any case.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

I think the usual Suspects are up in front this Weekend. Ferrari, McLaren, BMW a bit slower. Probably the Toyotas could give us a Surprise this Weekend. Williams/Rosberg might be a bit in advantage of the Track Layout and Track Surface.

If you won't take a early Rest in the Wall of Champions, you gotta stay cool. I'd say this could be Raikonnen's Turf. He has to catch up and his move in Monaco sure leaves a Lot of Improvement. Massa is fast and his 3rd Place in Tax City wasn't a good result. McLaren will be strong also. Maybe Kovalainen can take Advantage of Hamilton's not so cool and error free Runs. If you loose the Car in Montreal, you're out on most Situations, that will be Hamilton's Proof. He made a Lot of Mistakes and won Monaco only by making an Error at the best possible Timing and others making Errors and having bad Luck on Weather Conditions.

I will hold back my Prediction until i've seen today's Practices.

Edited by Squeeze

Qualifying Results

1 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:17,886

2 Robert Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:18,498

3 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:18,735

4 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:18,746

5 Nico Rosberg Williams-Toyota 1:18,844

6 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:19,048

7 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:19,089

8 Nick Heidfeld BMW-Sauber 1:19,633

9 Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:20,848

10 Mark Webber Red-Bull-Renault 1:17,523

11 Timo Glock Toyota 1:18,031

12 Kazuki Nakajima Williams-Toyota 1:18,062

13 David Coulthard Red-Bull-Renault 1:18,238

14 Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:18,327

15 Nelsinho Piquet Renault 1:18,505

16 Sébastien Bourdais Toro-Rosso-Ferrari 1:18,916

17 Adrian Sutil Force-India-Ferrari 1:19,108

18 Giancarlo Fisichella Force-India-Ferrari 1:19,165

19 Jenson Button Honda 1:23,565

20 Sebstian Vettel Toro-Rosso-Ferrari no Time

Not his first dumb Move. He throw away the Championship last Year in the Gravel. His Win in Monaco was only because he lost the Car and was forced to enter the Pits at the right Time. He's remembering me on Juan Pablo Montoya more and more... I'm just glad he hit Raikkonen and not Kubica.

The Championship is really getting interesting now. Massa's Overtaking in the Hairpin was a fantastic Maneuver. Reminded my on Zanardi and Cork's Screw. He's brilliant on the Wheel, but has no Luck.

I'm sorry for Heidfeld. He has done most of the Work since Years and now Kubica is harvesting from his Work. But he can't blame him for being faster.

The incident by Hamilton is under investigation, I wonder if he will receive a grid penalty in the next race in France?

Oh yes, Hamilton and Rosberg were sentenced to ten Places Penalty on the starting Grid of the french GP.

I liked Hamilton last year, a rookie with much talent and humble personality. With a fantastic start at his F1 career. But later in the season showed an inexperience side. Now for 2008 he has become this pompous arrogant child that deserves a good spanking. :buttkick: Not every rookie has had their road paved directly to a top team like he has, his not winning many fans the way he is acting.

Joe, I agree.

But the only Thing i'm not sure of is how and why did he change his Attitude. What i saw the last 3rd of last Season and this Season could be seen as you describe or McLaren-Mercedes has over painted his beginning Manhood with their Attitude.

Last Year, he did what they told him and he succeeded relying on the Team. As they wanted everything, their Avidity fell on their Heads. They lost everything and maybe he got a bit arrogant and not seeing it like it is. The British have a wonderful Term for this Process. They call this Character Building. McLaren Mercedes is not good for the most Drivers. If they win, the Car is the best, if they fail, the Driver often has to take the Blame.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, missed the race cause I had to work. Hate it when they're on regular TV in the afternoon. At least in real time I can watch it while I'm drinkin the coffee. And talk about some of the idiots they have call the race!?!? Don't know who it was today, last year they were atrocious.

Glad red brought it home again......

Dan

... And talk about some of the idiots they have call the race!?!? Don't know who it was today, last year they were atrocious...

Dam what do you mean with that Sentence ??

The Race was pretty much a standard Race. Rain as a Scare to all, but they was nothing during the Race. Red was far beyond anybody elses Capabilites. On Raikonen's Car, the rigt Exhaust Pipe broke loose and the Gases burned a good Hole in the Enigne Cover and the Airbox. He may have lost 50 hp due to that, but took second Place wiothout any Doubts. Even when McLaren would have been in second Row, they wouldn't have any Chances for Winning. Hamilton did not bad, Kovalainen was fast also, but with the Penalties (Kova got 5 Places backwards on the Grid because Blocking during Q2) they gathered, they never had a real Chance for the Win.

I was talking about the TV announcers here in the states, they usually don't use the Speed Channel guys (Bob Varsha, Peter Windsor, Steve Madgett, et al) when it is shown on regular broadcast TV. The people they use don't have the knowledge and background of the Speed guys and sometimes it's really comical. You just have to shake your head and just laugh it off.

Dan

I was talking about the TV announcers here in the states, they usually don't use the Speed Channel guys (Bob Varsha, Peter Windsor, Steve Madgett, et al) when it is shown on regular broadcast TV. The people they use don't have the knowledge and background of the Speed guys and sometimes it's really comical. You just have to shake your head and just laugh it off.

Dan

Dan, you are right! Bob, Steve, Dave, and Peter are the only announcers that do F1 justice and a bit colorful at that too. I normally watch it on SPEED channel. But last year some of the races were on one of the networks and the announcers sucked. Also they did not show the pre race grid and interviews before and after the race. I was so disappointed that I e-mailed the network and told them in not so nice words that they should leave it alone. This year FOX is broadcasting 4 or 5 races but they are using our guys as commentators. But are still short on the extras. I record my races on my DEVO and wacth them when I can.