IGNORED

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!

Guest bsreg

Guest bsreg

Hey all as I reported today was the day I picked up the VR down in Fitzgerald Ga. from the govdeals.com auction... I arrived bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning excited about the new ride... Get up leave the motel forget to get gas... thank goodness the Ford didn't mind.. I got to town got gas, picked up some last minute things at the Walmart, and went to meet the Chief of Police and pick up the bike...

Met with the Chief ... really nice guy talked a few minutes with the asst. Chief they advised for me to back up to the garage where they held the bike. I backed up and they opened the door and there sat my new ride.. I look across the lot at her in her glory and I see she is got some runs on the lower fairing from the paint job.

I thought nahh just seeing stuff from 20 feet away my eyes were playing tricks on me. I move closer see that the runs I saw were indeed runs.. Get even closer see pieces missing, now I am slowing down and looking harder. I move right next to her and she had the left side lower plastic sticking out some. Moved even closer yep plastic was sticking out. Hmm start to look it over more the plastic is missing more where the vent is the vent is broken out. The right side the entire side cover is missing, the front fairing is busted the lower fairing is busted. Where the side cover was missing you could see that the plastic remaining was all broken.

Wanting to look at the gas tank to see if it had rust issues I touched the fake tank and it moved. The entire piece was disconnected so I lift it up not disconnected BROKEN. Crap I am thinking reach back to look at the seat to see how bad the connection is broken seat moved. The points the seat connected were broken off and the seat just sat.

Apparently the jail convicts had scraped the paint of stating Police and the city name with no regard to the paint. Bike appeared to have been sprayed with a paint can. Side luggage locks would not clamp down on the side covers. Rear luggage scratched all to hell.

The tires were decent other then little dryrot. The Class had been disconnected and was not working, the battery is dead which was expected, the stereo was missing button that appeared to have been broken off, the front windshield had some film on it where when I wet my finger I could not wipe it off. Appeared like maybe they used acetone or something to clean it with the last time it was cleaned and then gotten dirty on top of the wipe marks.

Chiel saw I was not happy with what I thought I was paying a premium price for on a bike alledged to have 4000 miles on it. The bike I learned from the chief was purchased by the dept in 1991-92 wasn't positive exactly but either way they claim at that time the bike had 2 miles on it. The condition of the bike appeared to have been ridden hard, laided down to rot and then picked up out of the field to be sold. NOT what I felt I was buying. Chief also advised that "when we tried to have the bike fixed at the yamaha shop they were not able to get it running".

I told chief I was not expecting a new bike but that at least a bike that needed carbs worked on due to varnish or gumming from a bike alledged to have 4000 miles on it not a bike I was going to have to strip down and rebuild from scratch. He asked me what I would pay for it and I told him honestly... I dont think I want to pay anything for it. He agreed to release me from the sale and not charge me a penalty. This he agreed to since the bike is listed as a 1984 actually is a 1986 and listed as 1100cc and it is a 1300cc.

Bottom line Didn't buy it he did tell me he was sorry that I traveled from the Poconos down to pick it up and for it not being what I expected.