IGNORED

Let's Start Another Mac Muffler Group Buy List

Oh! Geesh it moved! Are we smelling hot chrome yet there my feathered friend?

Nope.... Things are still cool. I called last week to see what the status was on the order and they haven't gotten back to me yet...:detective:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Condor, heard anything yet?

Here's a copy of what i just sent to Tim.

I haven't gotten any reply from them on a ship date. It's been two months since the order was placed, and I have called just to find out progress, but the production foreman and the office don't communicate that much. If I remember correctly the last order took about 3 months to build. I was going to call today but got sidetracked.

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, here's the info I've received this AM concerning the MAC's. They are going to start building them Monday or Tuesday of next week and it's going to take about 3 weeks to get them shipped out to me.

Now, I went ahead and stuck my neck out and ordered an extra 3 sets, and one of them is already spoken for. So's there's 2 sets still available.. If there's anyone who'd like to pick up a set, PM me.

Alrighty then! I'm getting tired of listening to that sound byte over and over. I dubbed it onto a CASSETTE TAPE and play in on the bike. :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::rotf::rotf:

Thanks Condor!

Mike

NOW THAT's an IDEA!!! YOu may of just saved me a couple Ben Franklins :happy34:

• 3 weeks later...
I went ahead and stuck my neck out and ordered an extra 3 sets, and one of them is already spoken for. So's there's 2 sets still available.. If there's anyone who'd like to pick up a set, PM me.

Hey Condor,

Any chance you will be starting another buy group soon? You'll note that i missed ya the last time by a day. Still running with the originals...

Get ahold of Condor, as he currently has 2 spare sets (as stated in the last update).

Get ahold of Condor, as he currently has 2 spare sets (as stated in the last update).

I think?? I'll have one set left after Lonestarmedic and Thirdwheel take a set.

OK, All the extra MAC sets have been spoken for.

I was just informed that Timthetoolman ended up selling his bike, so if anyone else would like to jump on the bandwagon I have an extra set. PM me if you'd like to step up to the plate....

Edited by Condor

I'm a bit confused by what is what right now, sorry. Condor, do you still have the extra set for me an if so let me know so I can effect payment. tx

"I dreamed of mufflers all night and this morning I woke up exhausted"

The group has been patiently waiting for about 2 months. Me thinks you need to go back to the first post and read about everything that's been going on. We went thru the same thing with the last group buy. MAC builds to order for our 1stGen mufflers because there's so little demand. We cleaned out their existing stock the first go around. The second group had to be built to order. Rather than stick my neck out for a couple of grand I need to have most of the sets paid for in advance. When completed they are shipped to me free and I mail them out from here. So I guess there's a little misunderstanding. I don't have anything presently to ship you. I should in a couple of weeks. If that throws a wrench into your plans, and you'd like to go a different direction, that's no problem. If you'd like to wait, I'll need a payment via paypal for the amount stated in the first post in this thread.

Condor, from your earlier email you indicated that you thought you had an extra set for me...

I thought that's what I just said in my last post?? This is a group buy that we started a couple of months ago and we haven't received the mufflers yet. At no time did I ever indicate that they were in stock, and ready to be shipped. IF you still want a set I'll need a payment via Paypal for $235 (Canada).

Having reread the thread, I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. This should be the last time I bug ya. The only email adress I could find in the thread is: paypal@cast-aways.com Can you confirm this to be the correct address. Also, you indicate "$235 Canada." Do you mean this to be in Canadian funds?

I know this stuff is a big pain but your super patience is very much appreciated.

TX

Having reread the thread, I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. This should be the last time I bug ya. The only email adress I could find in the thread is: paypal@cast-aways.com Can you confirm this to be the correct address. Also, you indicate "$235 Canada." Do you mean this to be in Canadian funds?

I know this stuff is a big pain but your super patience is very much appreciated.

TX

Yes, it's the corrrect address. It's worked for everyone else, and I haven't modified it in any way since first posted. The funds are in US Dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to let all those, who are subscribed to this thread, that I'm trying to stay on top of things with MAC, and did call them this AM. They said they'll get back to me this afternoon. What a wrestling match. I gotta tell you, this will probably be our last group buy. I know you folks appreciate the effort put in on this thing, but what originally was nothing more than a bartered negotian for group pricing has turned into a real marathon. And quite frankly, I'm getting tired and running out of steam...... 'Nuff said. I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Any feedback from the boys over at Mac yet there Condor?

Called them about 3 days ago. Saymo..saymo. I'm just about ready to offer a refund to anyone who's like one. I'm getting as frustrated as the rest of you, believe me. OK here's the latest word. Just got off the phone with MAC. They'll have the mufflers done in 2 weeks... I know..I know. They said they will start cutting and bending them tomorrow. I hope so.

Edited by Condor

Condor......you're a warhorse my man. Of all the projects that you have taken on this sounds like it has given you the most grief.

I for one and I'm sure the others guys involved here appreciate the effort you have put into this. You pulled together a great deal and we knew in the beginning that it was going to be a build process. That is rarely a fast one.

So my :2cents: on this is this:

Us, the "Investors" :mo money:

Condor for the last few weeks" :bang head:

Condor talking with the people at Mac: :buttkick:

Still better than the stock market!

Thanks Condor!

Hey Condor.

Glad it brought you a chuckle. Sounds like you needed one. Sounds like the crew over at Mac hasn't been as forthcoming as they have been in the past. But it's got to happen pretty soon. My tape of the sound byte is getting ragged from playing it all the time.

So we shall see what happens by the end of the month.

Hang in there. :thumbsup2: