IGNORED

Apes, risers, or both?

mordan42

For those of you whom I haven't met, howdy from Louisiana. I'm the owner of a Harley sportster with mini-apes, and am comfortable with shoulder-height / or just below bars. I recently restored to working order a 2001 RSV that had sat in a crippled fella's barn for 12 years, and am LOVING this bike. For the naysayers, I know I'm a young fella (27) of a different generation, but I've ridden from North Carolina to Louisiana with mini apes on the sportster, and I much prefer the position to the stock bars currently on my RSV.

Does anyone have recommendations for bars, at what height to the cables need replacement, and if I decide to go the route of risers as opposed to handlebars, does anyone have a recommendation for that? Thank you in advance, and THANK YOU to all who already assisted me in my "Electrical troubles" post in the Tech Talk page a few days ago when I was trying to excise some minor demons from Abigail. She rides like a dream!

Thank you! I had actually seen the Kromeworks bars mentioned in that thread, but they were listed by the seller as not fitting my bike, so I thought to do more digging. Appreciate it!

They will work with the RSV. That bend sits right at the bottom edge of the RSV dash and then goes vertical... So they raise the grips and keep them forward and off your lap.. That's especially important for those of us that are the large economy size.. Just because they are listed as fitting Harley doesn't mean they won't fit anything else...

Again.. http://www.khromewerks.com/shop/detail/300200