IGNORED

car tire

wild hair 39

Gunboat about the insurance issue I suggest you dont believe everything you read and call your insurance co. They will tell you. Better to find out before the accident. As for the car tire I stated my position in the other thread about this and I wont argue it further. Im in the tire business and know better but I know I cant convince you otherwise. I answered Genes question because we are friends and dont want to see him get hurt or boned on insurance.

If you use a Car Tire do so at your own risk but know that your Bike manfacturer, Tire manufacturer and your insurance co will not back you up.

As for the car tires on trailers they may not care down there but up here it is the law and they look. I would bet there are similar laws there but you may not know them. Dont find out the hard way. Remember stupidity may not just kill you but maybe the innocent person next to you.

the wett foot print,across the barn floor is al most twice as mutch,as the 140/90/16 0n the vr,had more swaing at first,checked the air[most have read the gage wrong,only had #20]put #30,in.that all went away,140 mls now,evary thing is better,will waite till i get 4 or 500 mls,before i do the twisty,want to let the radiad get set,top speed was only about 80 mph

have pictures,but can is in the barn:witch_brew:

Hey wildhair, where did you get that tire? And post some pics will ya? You know the rules around here.

The reason there are motorcycle tires is because people buy them. They have y'all buffaloed into believing that motorcycle tires can't last very long. It's BS. For those who don't know how to think for themselves, you're certainly welcome to keep unnecessarily feeding excess amounts of money to the MC tire manufacturers.

There is a new forum on Delphi just for this subject. It's been nice to be able to read, ask questions, and get information without others hollering that the sky is falling.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/DarkSiding/start

For those who want WWs, like me, here is a place that will take literally any tire you want and vulcanize a WW onto it of any size or width. What's great about this is that they can do both sides. Cost is really no worse than buying one rear MC tire, and depending on how long you keep a bike around, it may be the last rear tire you put on your bike.

http://www.dbtires.com./index.htm

local tire dealer,gave him the size,he orded it,two days it was here,$ 97,with tax

hi tt just to let you know here in texas there is NO inspection or insurance requirments for tow behind private trailers. now the comerical trailers are a different thing. you know like 18 weeler trailers or 5 ton trucks and above. the trailers you can pull behind cars and pickup trucks like up to 1 ton dually pickups. THERE IS NO INSPECTION for these types of trailers and i know. to renew my trailer license plate sticker i can just go down to the courthouse or a annex and even to some of the grocery store chains ( like kroger or heb etc).

thanks anyway i like my c/t and will be happy with the milage i will be getting from it.

thank god for texas

texan by birth and american by choice

best reguards

don c

hi lowell

i paid 75.00 w/tax from nt&b. i went to see if they had one in stock, they didn't. but had it the next day. i had looked at www.tirerack.com they had it for i think 62.00 of 65.00 but thats with out shiping so it would have been about the same price range. but i got it faster at nt&b. my closest sears store also carries it but didn't have it in stock. but would order it for me. i guess the c/t came from the same warehouse since sears and nt&b are the same company now. just to let you know a few of my co-workers are doing a ride over to kerrville to ride the three sisters on saturday june 7th. have not run the sisters since february of this year and still had the m/c tire on the back. so any one wants to come along thats ok to. i'll be giving the c/t a good work out. will keep you informed.

best reguards

don c

Guest sonat

safety seems to be on all our minds when riding bikes, as well it should be. so lets talk about safety. I ride a 1800 GW and have a Goodyear Ultra Grip Run Flat tire, and I love it for many reasons. and safety is at the top of my list. when riding straight down the road I have almost three time the rubber on the road. that gives me a LOT more traction than any MT tire can give. both for stopping or taking off I have a lot more safety built into it. and this is on any type of road, dirt, gravel, snow or what ever. MT tires have a pretty bad reputation of getting blisters on the side walls and even losing a chuck of rubber off the tread, both of witch will lead to a total bow out. if this happens to you running 70 MPH on a MT tire, your screwed. with a good quality radial CT, much least a run flat type CT, the chance of these things happening is slim to non. and if it does a CT will remain flat in relation to the road surface and you have a wonder opportunity to get it stopped and not have a wipe out. A bias ply MT tire will fold under and will take you a direction you don't want to go. the end result of this you will not enjoy. I can actually drive my run flat tire with zero air pressure for 50 to 60 miles with NO air at all in it, at a reduced rate of speed. due to the design of a CT, if you get a nail in it they plug real easily and is much safer to ride on it than a MT tire. and to make things even better, you will NEVER know just how good and soft and smooth your bike can ride until you have a CT on the rear. my wife noticed this right quick. and as far as the twisties are concerned, well you can get just wild as you have the nerve to do, and I haven't had my to slip under any type of condition. I now have around 10,000 on my CT and it looks like it's not worn at all. the guys that run my tire say they are getting 30 to 35,000 out of them. that sure sounds a lot better than 10,500 to 11,000 miles I got out of a MT. all this being said, when talking about tire safety, at least the rear tire, to me the CT has a MT tire beat hands down. am I trying to convince everyone to run out and buy a CT? absolutely not, that's for you to decide but for me I'm sure glade that I did and wont go back. I sure hope I haven't ruffled any feathers here or made anyone angry at me, that was not my intention at all. I just have first hand info on this subject and want to shear it. good luck with what ever you want to ride on.

hi sonat

thanks so much for sharing your words on safety, and input on the c/t mod. i may have ruffled some feathers but i don't like to told i can't or it's not good for me. as i have said this mod is not for everyone and thats their choice to make . but for me I LIKE the c/t mod. and i will share what i learn from this mod to anyone who wants to know.

best reguards

don c

It's nice to hear from someone who has 1st hand info about a car tire mounted on a bike. Its amazing what some say, who have never even tried a car tire. Bikers have been doing it for many years.

Guest tx2sturgis
just to let you know a few of my co-workers are doing a ride over to kerrville to ride the three sisters on saturday june 7th. have not run the sisters since february of this year

I'm thinking that sounds kinky...I'm in!

You got their phone numbers?

I was talking to my wife on the matter of car tires and the opinions expressed here.I'am one person who is open to new ideas and would be willing to try a car tire on my Bike after all the evidence is in.She told me if we could not afford MC tires to get rid of the Bike.The Boss has spoken and I will obey for now lol. I find everybodys opinion very interesting and i thank you all for expressing them .

Bucky Thompson:innocent-emoticon:

hi brian

yep got their numbers it's fm 337 fm 336 and fm 335. or maybe that's rm instead. some people may not know fm stands for farm to market and rm stands for ranch to market. these roads were voted some of the top ten roads to ride by RIDE TEXAS MAGAZINE.

come on down the sisters are waiting for ya.

best reguards

don c

:225:

just got home last nite,2800 mls on the C T,vary stable,took about 500 mls,guess the radal needed to set,lot better,on rain groves,uneven pavement,gravel roads,better braking,tire did not brake louse,as quick did not wander as bad as the motor tire,twistys,could not tell much differance,never got real agressive thro,did notice,vary slow turns and powering up could feel a little differances,could be the voyager,have a frend with a voyager,new avon,going to try and get him to trade rear tires to see what the differance will be,not any two bikes realy ride the same,running 35# air pressure,as the voyager is,about 125# lighter than a venture,don't know weather the tire had any thing to do with gas milage or not,got as high as 54mpg never below 40mpg,had a 35 mph head wind all the way to amarillo,no wett pavement so no idias on what that will be like

as of right now,will be running a C T from now on

:thumbsup: