IGNORED

Does Ride On really work??

Double D

I rode to work this morning, parked the bike, covered it and went to the office. One of the other guys that rode today came in and told me that I had a nail in the tread of my front tire. I have Ride On in my tires so---Do I pull the nail out or leave it there? Should I wait till I get home to do it, just in case it goes flat? HELP!!:2143:

The Ride On instructions say - pull the nail out. They say that by leaving it in the hole will get bigger. I have Ride On and it did successfully seal a puncture.

I'm pretty sure the directions say to pull the nail out and ride a couple miles so the Ride On covers and seals the hole.

Dave,

I would suggest you DO NOT pull the nail out "UNTIL" your ready to go home..

When your all gear'd up and ready to jump on it to ride home, then pull the nail out and jump on it and ride, so that the centrifugal force will help work the "ride on" into the hole in the tire sealing it....

If you turn the tire so you can remove the nail (before leaving for home) the "ride on" most likely will not get worked into the hole and can not plug the hole and your tire will go flat because the air came out the hole.

The only way the hole can get larger from the nail is by riding on it with the nail still in the tire..

Just my 2 cents worth....:whistling:

New member with new Bike.

I am a new owner of a 08 Venture what a great bike. I went from a 86 Cavelcade to this, What a great ride. I still Miss the (BIG BIG BIG bike) I have never head of Ride on

Thanks.

CMA

THANKS GUYS. I will wait until I am ready to ride home and then pull it out. I have a 10 trip home so the Ride On should have sealed the hole by then.:2143:

If you do as stated, let us know how it worked out for you. (Did it work as advertised?)

DO NOT PULL NAIL, Ride home and use one of those Mushroom plungers, thats permanent solution, Ride On will foix a hole, but how you can know after where punktcure was :confused24:

Ride on is temporarly solution to get you home or to closest shop.

OK update on the nail in my tire. I was not sure if the guy that told me there was a nail in my tire was on the level. Our maintenance shop is near the parking lot so I ask one our maintenance guy to check it out. He call back about 30 minutes later and told me that it looked like a roofing tack in my tire. When it was time for me to go home, I got all geared up and looked down at the "nail" in my tire. I think both of those guys are blind, what they called a nail was a chrome cap that fits in the allen head bolts. It was just stuck in the tread. So I will have to wait and see if Ride On works.:2143:

OK update on the nail in my tire. I was not sure if the guy that told me there was a nail in my tire was on the level. Our maintenance shop is near the parking lot so I ask one our maintenance guy to check it out. He call back about 30 minutes later and told me that it looked like a roofing tack in my tire. When it was time for me to go home, I got all geared up and looked down at the "nail" in my tire. I think both of those guys are blind, what they called a nail was a chrome cap that fits in the allen head bolts. It was just stuck in the tread. So I will have to wait and see if Ride On works.:2143:

Isn't Devine Intervention a blessing!