IGNORED

Just got in from 7500 miles of tour time and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW!

cowpuc

Looks like I missed a LOT here!! Prayers Up for @bongobobny and Becky!! Been praying for ya brother and will continue to do so. I got a message in E-Mail from Slyvester about it all,, thats how I knew about this.. A quick stroll along the edge of the Water Hole shows others in need of some knee time too - it is great to be home for a short time but WOWZY do I have some catching up to do!!

Our trip went like this:

Went to check out the border situation in Elpaso Texas/Sunpark NM - unreal! Up to play with the kids in California where I fixed the grandsons go-cart (Yerf Dog) as its been down for 4 years (bought it at a yard sale and he never got to hear it run but THAT was his main goal of accomplishment before school starts). Turns out that someone (PO) put the carb together wrong and placed the metering rod spring BELOW the metering rod shoulder = wayyyyyy to much gas. Back together and BINGO = running like a top!! Then he broke the spline off the axle on the rear end and the rear wheel came off.. The kid thought the fun was over.. Little grinding/fitting,, some 7018 and borrowing his dads DC Welder,, few smacks with a hunk of redwood to true it (told the kid about truing cranks with a lead hammer and a set of V-Blocks but the end of the axle I just eyeballed for true after tacking it up = worked perfect and held together even after a couple jumps with the thing) and all was well..

Came home through Area 51 looking forward to seeing the 1,000,000 plus people who were suppose to be storming Area 51 (Nellis Air Base) demanding to see the Aliens.. No one there but was told that Sept 20 they will be! Exterestrial Highway is still an AWESOME ride = always impressed with it!!

Camped (in Trooper) just inside of Nebraska out of Colorado,, woke up and told Tip it was opening day of the Sturgis Rally.. Headed North. Ended up having to backtrack 40 miles after discovering water over the roads out in the "Sandhill" country of Nebraska! LOT of really GREAT video of vehicles (some brave bikers too) plowing thru it but decided against taking out electric Motorhome thru..

Sturgis was GREAT again. Low on attendance for an opener BUT LOTS of scoots coming in = should be a GOOD one - if you have never done the big rally and have any hopes of doing so = get er done cause LOTS of fellow biker geezers seem to be timing out.

Good to be home,, will post pics and vids someday!

Puc

I will be waiting for those videos, brother.

:farmer:

Jim aka Slyvester

Rock n roll!!:missingtooth:

Cutting across the Sand Hill back roads of Nebraska we discovered a section of route 83 that was still water covered from the spring rains that flooded a lot of the area. This area had been watered out for so long that thousands of little Catfish were sharing the roadway with the vehicles. Because Trooper sits so low to the ground we decided not to risk the crossing and detoured back to Thedford before heading back north toward the bike rally at Sturgis.. Some of the bikers who were heading that way too joined us but many of them were brave souls who just went ahead and forged onward (Tip, Tweeks and I would have!!)! One never knows what fun may appear over the horizon when out CTFW(s) while out enjoying this great land of ours! Get out and ride!!

Your Grandkids are VERY lucky to have a pops like you Puc. I'm sure they appreciate all you Mr. Fixit skills! Good work!

I think you could have made it through that water but I take your point, you were there, & I wasn't. Quite incredible to see that! Especially fish on the roadside! You do have some adventures!

Edited by Kretz

To quote Capt'N Jack Sparrow,, "not all treasure is Gold or Silver" and to anybody who is a motorcycle purist, this video defines Jack's iconic saying. While it does take a little treasure hunting,, scoots like this 1959 HD FL Pan can still be seen roaming the Prairie and "The Hills" during the rally..

The day before we left for a couple weeks on our 2nd Tour of the season we went to check the blueberry ripening progress at the abandoned berry patch on Tweeksis (our 83 Yamaha Venture) and on the way home I noticed this really neat tricycle sitting in someones garbage. After strapping it on the back of our motorcycle and getting it home, we were pleased to find it in very functional condition. We dropped it off at Birdies house (my 2 year old grandson) on our way South West to New Mexico the following day and Birdie absolutely LOVED his new ride!!