IGNORED

HELP!!!! Well, keep your fingers crossed for me anyway!

luvmy40

I would like to ask that everyone here think good and happy thoughts and keep your fingers crossed for me as I once again foray into the fantasy world that is Craig's List.

Yes, I am going to try this one more time.

A 1986 Venture Royale is posted for sale or trade about 2 hours down the pike from me. The seller seems to be reasonable in our communications. The pictures look good but not "Glamour Shot", if you know what I'm saying.

He is amenable to a pure horse trade. True barter style transaction. I've got what he wants and he's got what I want.

I hope.

My last CL encounter was , shall we say less than fruitful? Actually, it nearly ended in chaos and destruction. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

OK, it wasn't quite that bad, but close!

Anyway, The plan is that we meet up and seal the deal this Sunday. So, like I said keep your fingers crossed!

Oh, I'm always packin'

Well, The guy called me this morning and asked if we could meet today rather than Sunday. I said Sure, loaded the Maxim on the truck, grabbed some of my less often utilized shootin' irons and headed down the road. Only an hour and 20 minutes or so.

About half way there he texts me saying he has to run out to grab some stuff but the bike's in the driveway and I could feel free to check it out if he was back yet.

I pulled in and there it was. Looked =just like the picture from CL

86venture1.jpg

Then I walked around to other side to find the left half main fairing was literal broken in half, the lower on the left side was mostly duct tape and the left side engine cover was hanging on by a wish and a prayer.

I looked closer at everything. Nearly all the tabs, flanges and connection points were broken or missing. The trunk had a total of 2 screws combined on both hinges. One of the trunk latch hooks was busted off. The passenger back rest was just flopping loose with the adjuster bar not even in the brackets(at least it was there).

The seat wasn't in terrible shape, just the start of the front edge tear. He had left the key in the ignition so I started her up. I have to say the engine sounded very nice. Fired right up no choke and idled very smooth around 900 rpm. Very quiet.

The radio worked, but I didn't mess around with the controls much. I switch to ACCY and checked the CLASS system. It seemed to work, though I don't have any experience with it. The automatic Low, Med and Hi setting worked but I could not figure out how to enter the manual mode.

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. Nearly every piece of the fairing would need replaced or major repair. The trunk might have been fixable.

Oh yea, no rear brake. The pedal just dropped like a rock.

So here is the description that went with the above pic on CL

"Got a nice running and driving 1986 Venture 1300. Has new battery, k&n air filter, fresh oil change, trailer hitch, radio, air ride, cruise control, auxillary lights. Tires have plenty of tread left. Is loaded with all the bells and whistles. Clear title, low miles for the year, shows 34,9xx. Plastic has some cosmetic flaws. 1600 cash obo or will listen to trade offers"

When will I learn. I am the only person who ever posted something on CL that didn't lie though their teeth.

I offered to trade the Maxim for it if he gave me $300.00

He wasn't amused.

Well at least I don't have to feel bad that he's going to have to pay $20.00 for a duplicate title. The notary he went to refused to notarize his signature without having the buyer information filled in. His current title is now technically in my name.

Edited by luvmy40