IGNORED

CTFW fun on that 1st bike/1st ride, GR8 memories of days long gone by.

cowpuc

While filling a 1 terrabyte hard drive with video's and pictures of times past for my oldest daughters Birthday present I ran across numerous old pics of a CTFW adventure that Tip and I took the year we were married... While far from being my/our 1st or last scoot, this old 71 Honda CL350 that I pieced together from parts and pieces did it's job magnificantly and hauled our newly wed backsides from our home in Fruitport Michigan all the way over to the east Coast of Michigan and up to the Upper Penisula (the pic on the water was taken on the North side of the Mackinaw Bridge) and then down along Michigan's GORGEOUS west coast back to our home.. The only issue we had was a flat front tire (she let go on a longgg sweeping curve in Alpena Michigan = a harrowing experience to say the least but as a rider with a passenger (didnt go down but spooky non the less) I learned a lot about riding down a scoot with a flat front tire when 2 up = knowledge that would come in really handy on future CTFW adVentures. The pic with me at the front of the bike was takin at garage where the owner loaned me the tools necessary to do the repair and even donated the tube patch stuff to patch up the tube and get us on our way again.

Thought I would share with you lop eared CTFW varmints!! NOW ITS YOUR TURN!!:big-grin-emoticon:

GET OUT AND CTFW!!:thumbsup:

DSCN8297.JPGDSCN8296.JPGDSCN8283.JPGDSCN8295.JPGDSCN8292.JPGDSCN8294.JPGDSCN8282.JPG

Puc

Great pictures. Those old CL350's were bullet proof. That was my third bike following a S90 Honda and then a 250 Harley Sprint. Put a lot of miles on it with no issues except crashing into the back of an old Lincoln Continental at around 45 MPH. Put some new forks on it and put a lot more miles on it after that. I was 15 at the time.

Great pictures. Those old CL350's were bullet proof. That was my third bike following a S90 Honda and then a 250 Harley Sprint. Put a lot of miles on it with no issues except crashing into the back of an old Lincoln Continental at around 45 MPH. Put some new forks on it and put a lot more miles on it after that. I was 15 at the time.
:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup:

Indeed they were bullet proof engines but, the 350 Motosport I rode when I was a kid taught me they aint exactly long distance scoots.. After 20k miles, the little bicycle chain Honda chose for a timing chain (pre Hyvo?) would stretch to the point that the cam chain tentioner could no longer tension and then the chain would side slop enough to eat right thru the casting tunnel it ran thru and ya end up with oil pouring out from between the jugs,,, repairable with chewing gum in an emergency situation though :rotfl::big-grin-emoticon:

I am beginning to believe that Puc was born bald.:backinmyday: That dark hair really show off the skin.:stickpoke: Love the look of Tippy though, a stunning beauty for sure.:clap2: Great pictures of a time long gone.

:farmer:

Close to it brother,,, when I was in High School I had a slight receeding hairline and a well established 2 inch bald spot right on the top/back of my beener,,, my pea sized gearheaded brain was obviously growing with knowledge of spinning wrenches wayyy faster than my stretching from growth head could keep up with :backinmyday: :guitarist 2::banana::cool10::doh::doh::doh::doh:

And yeah,, that Tippy,,,, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :178:... I had to do a LOT of fast talkin and hard chasing to get a ring on her finger BUT,,, having learned at a very young age of the importance of steadfast and persistent and to not be afraid of hard work = LOOK who I ended up getting to spend 40 years (and still climbing) of my life with :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:!!

Speaking of my shining beener,, wanna hear true but funny story about such? Thought so...

Got a really close friend who has owned and operated the local Yamaha Shop for years.. George (the owner) is a few years older than myself and has a full head of WHITE (not grey,, SNOW WHITE) hair.. I walked into the shop one day, looked at him as I took a bite out of his donut laying on the counter and said "You know George,,, if that hair on top of your head gets any whiter you would be REALLY hard to see in a snow storm :big-grin-emoticon::witch_brew::stickpoke::guitarist 2::stirthepot:!! George looked at me standing there eating his breakfast, thought for just a second (George has ALWAYS been quick witted), stared at my head, smirked and said: You know Scott,, one nice thing about this head full of White Hair I am sporting,, I can always DYE IT :shock3:

GET OUT AND CTFW!!:thumbsup:

Ok - could you share with me what "CTFW" means?

Thanks,

zag

Chase That Front Wheel,, Chasing That Front Wheel, Chase The Front Wheel and so on and so forth :big-grin-emoticon:

You welcome brother!!

My first bike was a new 71 CB350. Actually it was a 70 model that was titled 71. It was a great starter bike. The drive chain on that thing needed adjustment really often. I sold it after 6 months because I considered it too small and about a year later, I bought a 73 CB750. I loved that bike. I've got a photo somewhere . If I can find it, I'll post it.

My first bike was a new 71 CB350. Actually it was a 70 model that was titled 71. It was a great starter bike. The drive chain on that thing needed adjustment really often. I sold it after 6 months because I considered it too small and about a year later, I bought a 73 CB750. I loved that bike. I've got a photo somewhere . If I can find it, I'll post it.

I LOVED those early SOHC 750 Honda's and spent a fair amount of time rebuilding em, dropping in 805 kits to make em really run and chopping em out to make some pretty cool Chops.. I had a Santee Soft Ride with an 18 over front end that, after raking the frame out, ran out to Sturgis several times.. GOOD RUNNING SCOOTS and very reliable = as long as you pre lube the cam real well if it sat for numerous years = I bought a "parts bike" one time from a guy who thought he could just fire er up after sitting in his barn for 20 years,, he went 5 miles, siezed the cam so solid that the cam actually snapped in half cause he didnt take a few minutes and pre lube that puppy

DSCN9614.JPGwow (15).JPGDSCN9613.JPGDSCN9591.JPGDSCN9597.JPGDSCN9730.JPGti3 (3).JPGti3 (7).JPGti3 (15).JPGDSCN2766.JPGDSCN2789.JPGDSCN2782.JPGDSCN2770.JPGDSCN2768.JPGti3 (9).JPGDSCN2730.JPG73honda74tc185jasonwallpics 020.jpgDSCN8278.JPGbikeblessing07 005.jpgrippennn 045.jpg:scared:

Lots of memories came alive with you chopper pics, Puc. My first build was a 47 hardtail with a hot bored 74ci, twenty two inch wide glide front end and the obligatory rear drum brake only.:bang head: Went fast and rough but look for a runoff lane when braking.:duck: I think it gave me permanent back problems.:backinmyday:

Before that I did a 65 Bonneville custom that really caught peoples attention.

:farmer:

I bought this at 15, I grew 5.5" that year, didn't own a decent pair of fitting pants but I road a Norton and that was what mattered;)

The fellow I bought it from was goin to the big house and needed the money to pay his legal fees; unfortunately he went in before we transferred ownership,,, man did I have cop hassles!

20190413_104938.jpg