IGNORED

Bluetooth Pairing Issue (Android)

Hi, New member to the forum. I just took delivery of my 2018 Eluder. Sorry to jump right in for help with my first post!

Love the bike so far but... Bluetooth pairing has been a nightmare. I have a Google Pixel 2 phone and it pairs perfectly with every other device I've tried including both of my cars and all my speakers and headsets flawlessly. But on the Eluder I can't get the bike to hold the connection. Especially audio. On the info screen I get a message loop... "Connected...Disconnected...Connected...Disconnected". The audio will come on for a second or two and then disconnect and that keeps going on over and over forever unless I shut the bike down. I'm pretty tech savvy and have done all the usual and not so usual fixes but nothing works. I also thought it might be my phone but I tried my wife's iPhone and same issue. Anyone else experience this type of thing?

Wish I could offer some suggestions but I've no experienced any such problem with my iPhone. It does seem to take a couple of minutes to finally connect but it has always done so and I've never had it lose the connection once it does.

Thanks Freebird. The first time I paired it worked fine but once I shut the bike down and restarted no dice. I'm going to try the software update later today so hopefully that fixes the problem. Leave it to me to have an issue it appears no one else has had!

I know this may do you no good, but I have a Galaxy S8 (Android), and have no issues, so your assumption may be correct, it may be a bad antenna or some other issue, not necessarily related to Android. I would try to pair a different phone, or even an iPhone (I hate even typing that), and see if the problem remains the same. Should at least narrow it down some.

I know this may do you no good, but I have a Galaxy S8 (Android), and have no issues, so your assumption may be correct, it may be a bad antenna or some other issue, not necessarily related to Android. I would try to pair a different phone, or even an iPhone (I hate even typing that), and see if the problem remains the same. Should at least narrow it down some.

So my wife's iPhone (I'm with you there) works perfectly. I'm running Android Pie 9.0 (the latest version of Android) and no dice. I also tried to downgrade to Oreo and same problems. What I don't get is my Pixel pairs with anything else perfectly fine. Just doesn't like the bike.

Quick update: Still haven't found a fix for this issue. When and if I do find a solution I'll be sure to post that here. Thanks for everyone's input.

**If anyone else owns an Eluder or Venture and has been able to pair with a Google Pixel 2 please let me know. Thanks.

Update: Solved! - Ok, I finally solved this issue in case anyone else runs into the same problem. On any Android phone under Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options - scroll down to Bluetooth and you'll need to downgrade Bluetooth to version 1.3 and then do a hard reset but holding the power button down and then hold down "Reset" for 5 seconds. After I did this I was able to connect to everything on the bike and it's been working perfectly for the past week so all good. PM me if you have any questions.

That's great news and I'm glad you got it working. A shame that an update causes it to not work though.

I agree Don, yet it’s understandable given that we haven’t seen a software update for over a year. Sure wish Yamaha would step up to the plate and take care of its “high dollar” customers. Never seen such silence by a reputable manufacturer in the face of such an outcry by its customers. Disappointing at best.