IGNORED

Custom Exhaust, removing resonator

I'm curious if anyone has ever removed the exhaust collector altogether and ran a custom exhaust. I had damaged my collector, jacking my bike up with it when I first bought it. I caused all kinds of leaks at all the joints, which I've been welding as best I can without removing it all and doing it properly. This guy is the only person I've yet seen to do a custom exhaust, not involving the collector:

http://www.kloppenberg.us/chopper.html

I'd love to see what he used and exactly how he did it. Though its one of the coolest things I'd ever seen done to a Venture, I have no plans to go to that extreme. I'd like to figure out how to route them with my stock xvz1200. The pipes coming off that rear head would be the trickiest, I'd assume.

Anyone beside this guy try and have success?

Seems to me about a half year ago somebody did buy one but had a couple of issues getting it to fit. Please let me know as I too am looking for a Mark's collector. Several people were happy with them!

The other alternative is finding a good colector on eBay. There is a shield internally that is common to break off requiring surgery to fix.

If you are experiencing exhaust leaks did you replace the gaskets on the pipes?? Those copper flanges should ideally be replaced just like you would replace a copper crush washer...

Seems to me about a half year ago somebody did buy one but had a couple of issues getting it to fit. Please let me know as I too am looking for a Mark's collector. Several people were happy with them!

The other alternative is finding a good colector on eBay. There is a shield internally that is common to break off requiring surgery to fix.

If you are experiencing exhaust leaks did you replace the gaskets on the pipes?? Those copper flanges should ideally be replaced just like you would replace a copper crush washer...

I left a message to Mark, but he hasn't returned my call in several days.

I didn't replace gaskets because the collector itself is broken at the joints. I'd tried sealing up with weld (while still installed) as a half-@ss fix, but not so successful. I really ought to just buy a used one and install it right if I can't get Mark to fab one for me.

I'm curious if anyone has ever removed the exhaust collector altogether and ran a custom exhaust. I had damaged my collector, jacking my bike up with it when I first bought it. I caused all kinds of leaks at all the joints, which I've been welding as best I can without removing it all and doing it properly. This guy is the only person I've yet seen to do a custom exhaust, not involving the collector:

I'd love to see what he used and exactly how he did it. Though its one of the coolest things I'd ever seen done to a Venture, I have no plans to go to that extreme. I'd like to figure out how to route them with my stock xvz1200. The pipes coming off that rear head would be the trickiest, I'd assume.

My venture runs great with custom pipes and no collector. Mileage is in the mid forties also. With Vmax boost valves on the intakes. Looking for some pics to attach.

Dude. I'm in awe. Freakin' love it.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign Rock On:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around Puc's Place Zag's scoot is VERY WELL known as "Frankie" and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW Windy,, ya got get in line on the lovin em end of things, and don't tell Zag this. cause ol Pucster has had the :178: and been deeply :173: with Frankie for many moon:guitarist 2:!! Matter of fact,, just seein those pics of Frankie again brings on so much :sign green with env that there was no need for dye to green up the St. Pats day harbor over here near Puc's place:sign busted:!!!

Seriously,,, if I were a judge on a Chop building contest between the likes of the Tuttles, Arlen Ness and our Zag with his Frankie = ZAG N FRANKIE = :sign I win::sign I win: = 1st Place everytime!!!

By the way Windy, Tweeksis (our 83) has a Marks Collector under her belly somewhere, if ya need to get an idea of a Mark's configuration - I can snap some pics if need be!

Please let me know as I too am looking for a Mark's collector.

Ok, Mark called me back today. He says he still has the equipment to do the 1Gen collector and is willing to do them if anyone's interested. He uses stainless steel and they're $295 (I'm almost positive of that price, but I left my notes at work...just check with him to confirm). He said that everytime he goes to get rid of his 1Gen Venture collector maker due to unuse, he gets another call for one. Says calls for them are few and far between these days, which is unfortunate.

Anyhow, timelines vary. At the present moment, he's really far behind--as in like 5-6 weeks. Over Christmas, he joked that he could've had one out the door in a day or two. Again, it all depends on his present workload.

The guy is really nice, down to Earth and took a huge amount of his time talking motorcycles with me, even though I made it clear that I was just looking in to budgeting one of his collectors at this time and not placing an order.

I strongly suggest those interested in Mark's collector to get one soon before he decides to no longer do them for our bikes. I'm still trying to come up with a budget plan, but I'm definitely interested in one by the Summer anyhow. Let me know if others are interested and maybe he'd be willing to knock out several at once and save us all a buck or two.

Hi Coolwind57

I have plans to remove my Collector and split the exhaust 4 into 2, left side Y pipe, right side Y pipe, as I have a brand new set of 02 Roadking pipes donated to me by a good friend.

he bought the bike and had the screamin eagles installed before he drove it out of the showroom. he still has the bike.

I found a source in Ont,Canada that sells mandrel bent SS exhaust tubing, a cut here , nip there should be able to fabricate something with a mig and cutoff tool.

I will post some pics when I get at it likely fall as I prefer to feel the wind in my face when its warmer LOL

HermanK84VR