IGNORED

1983 Models (not the super model kind)

Ialreadyknow

I may be mistaken, but the Royale model had CLASS suspension controls and the CB/intercom. The standard model had a schrader fitting and dial control for the rear suspension and no CB/intercom. There may have been an am/fm cassette available in the standard model.

What is the model # on your title?

You might also send your VIN to prairiehammer for more details about your ride and to add to his comprehensive data base.

I may be mistaken, but the Royale model had CLASS suspension controls and the CB/intercom. The standard model had a schrader fitting and dial control for the rear suspension and no CB/intercom. There may have been an am/fm cassette available in the standard model.

You might also send your VIN to prairiehammer for more details about your ride and to add to his comprehensive data base.

What he said basically.. There was a standard model for the XVZ1200 and the XVZ1300 up to 1988 when all the Venture were Royale models. The basic model did not come with the onboard air compressor for the suspension or the CB/radio setup with the built in intercom system. Motor wise they are the same as well as everything else on the bike not related to the Royale models.

I hope that helps.

Rick F.

I guess I got the standard model. Just has the radio and dial up rear suspension. I think the owners manual said the number was the first 3 of whats stamped on the engine(havent looked yet) the vin on the title says JYA

I guess I got the standard model. Just has the radio and dial up rear suspension. I think the owners manual said the number was the first 3 of whats stamped on the engine(havent looked yet) the vin on the title says JYA

The "JYA" is not descriptive of any specific model. JYA simply means that the bike is made in Japan, by Yamaha, "A" denotes "motorcycle.

To decipher your bike, I will need all the numbers and characters of the VIN. For example: JYA26H00xDA000xxx (1983 Standard Venture) or another possibility: JYA31M00xDA000xxx (1983 Venture Royale).

The full VIN is located on a black text on white label adhered to the lower frame rail under the brake pedal. It is also stamped into the frame at the steering neck.

US VIN, build date label.jpg

Note also the manufactured date.