IGNORED

mods so far

20180725_054609.jpg20180725_054627.jpg20180725_054640.jpg20180725_054707.jpg36387173_1642092752556387_2916145363620462592_n.jpg These are the few mods I've made so far... the rechargable streamlight stinger does not obstruct two helmets in trunk, the pushbutton waterproof accessory switches are shallow draft as there is so little room under those covers, the flag mounts are from Rumbling Pride's TCM series mounts and the $70 Amazon black highway pegs, also replaced the 12v cigar plug outlet with a 4.2 amp dual usb port with weather cover. I have ordered an air horn and have the Rox 2" risers to install this weekend. Love, Love Love this bike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
These are the few mods I've made so far... the rechargable streamlight stinger does not obstruct two helmets in trunk, the pushbutton waterproof accessory switches are shallow draft as there is so little room under those covers, the flag mounts are from Rumbling Pride's TCM series mounts and the $70 Amazon black highway pegs, also replaced the 12v cigar plug outlet with a 4.2 amp dual usb port with weather cover. I have ordered an air horn and have the Rox 2" risers to install this weekend. Love, Love Love this bike

Thanks for the tip! I was looking for pegs that would work. Ordered!

• 3 weeks later...
So I got these high-way pegs in the mail yesterday. Did you have to cut or trim the plastic to get them to fit? Could you possibly post some more close-up pictures to see how you did the install?

Great post by the way. https://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.png

Good Morning,

So, I found that the clamps were not tight enough when clamped to the engine guards; So I drilled a single hole through both the clamp and the engine guard and tapped the hole at 1/4" x 20 and then threaded and tightened the round head screw to prevent any twisting. No, I did not have any need to cut the plastic.

20190420_063141.jpg

I did exactly the same thing on mine. They felt tight but I found that they would move after a few miles of riding. I did exactly the same thing that you did except that I used a set screw that is recessed into the clamp. Works great. I have long legs so my pegs are actually extended forward rather than back as yours are. I love them. I've been using these offset type pegs on my bikes since 1999. They are simply the best solution that I've ever found for highway pegs.

Good Morning,

So, I found that the clamps were not tight enough when clamped to the engine guards; So I drilled a single hole through both the clamp and the engine guard and tapped the hole at 1/4" x 20 and then threaded and tightened the round head screw to prevent any twisting. No, I did not have any need to cut the plastic.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116157

This is perfect! Thank you!

Sorry I did not respond sooner, but have been out of state and offline for a few days.

Thanks again for the details! Soon as I get back I'll start to work on the install.

Well, the “mods” continue. Got my Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs on a few days ago. Makes a big difference in comfort. Finished an important mod last night at 9:46pm (I got there at 9am!) and that was to get my gauge console wrapped to match my seat. I will say it looks much better in sunlight. Now it’s on to chroming some items!

AEC9A364-0A4A-46E0-B941-D0D67FCF7BA3.jpg

WOW....great work. You are turning it into a show bike. :). I know you ride it though so there's nothing wrong with that. Love what you are doing.

Thanks Don! I do ride the heck out of it. You can see in the dash I’ve got over 22k miles on it! Yea, I see what you mean by “show bike”. My wife has always said I’m a “peacock”, so I guess I can’t argue with her. Lol!

Thats the great thing about bikes... we make them uniquely OURS. I do get a lot of the “holy cow!” remarks regarding the rig when the trailer is hooked up too. Every time I stop for gas, invariably someone comes up and comments or asks questions.

I have a dear military friend.. he & I served together, who is friends with the founder and another guy who is the current President of Rolling Thunder. Anyways, we’ve been invited to ride UP FRONT with them this year in THE LAST Washington DC Rally. It’s a great honor, so the bike is gonna get some HIGH visibility for sure. Should be a great time!