IGNORED

Air filters

Has anyone replaced the big filter systems on the Ventura. I have planned for a long time to purchase the chrome billets but they are so expensive. I was wondering if the smaller chrome type that I have seen that is designed in sort of a triangle would work as a replacement.

Thanks,

labill

It's all about the proper airflow volume with the air filters! Too much and too little cause all sorts of issues as it affects how rich or lean the carbs operate. Your best bet is stick with stock and check into chrome plating the stock plastic covers as the aftermarket metal ones are scarce and prone to pitting...

Forgot about the air flow designs.

Found a new pair of chrome ones but they are $400.00. Like your idea and will look at having them chromed. Should be a savings overall.

Happy 4th.

Semper Fi, Semper Paratus

Thanks,

labill

I was servicing a fellows RSV and he had the Chrome looked to be after market OEM type. His filters were in ruff shape. I had replaced my paper OEM jobs with K&N so I though my old ones looked better than his so I was going to just swap them out. They would not fit the chrome housing. I forget exactly now what was different, but they sure would not work. Now mine was an 09 and his was like an 06. But I sure wouldnt think OEM to OEM would not be different.

The chrome covers sold by Yamaha that they had in their accessory catalog, required the use of K&N filters, the OEM filters would not fit with those chrome covers.

Bobgobob is correct small changes to the Venture intake system can make big differences. On my 07 when I added the chrome covers with the K&N filters I started getting a flat spot when I would accelerate hard, felt like it would stall, had to shim the needle sliders out by one shim to correct the change in air / fuel change created by installing the K&Ns.