IGNORED

Greetings from the road

Yoopermoose

OUTSTANDING YOOP!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool: Now thats what I call gettin er done brother!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like your doing awesome on that rear tire IMHO. Dont know about you or others but it always seemed like the last 1/2 of my rear tires like to evaporate quicker then and the 1st half (especially if the roads ahead involve hot desert tarmac). Sounds like you are well versed in already doing so, but it may not be a bad idea to keep an eye on er. It will be interesting to see what you come up with for total miles out of it. How's the MPG's? F.I. and running high torque w/ overdrive - my guess is +40?

Thanks for the pic and the ride along = both greatly appreciated and enjoyed!!!:thumbsup:

5100 miles and 50% of tire left? What brand/model of tire came with the bike?

From previous posts a Dunlop D404 on a 2nd Gen gets about the same mileage you are seeing. Running a Dunlop E3 on mine I get about 30,000 km front and back. Mileage difference makes me think that the D404 tire isn't sturdy enough for the weight of the 2nd Gen. Might be recommended/rated for the Venture but either way too soft or can't properly handle the weight of the bike.

When you replace the tires are there very many options in the size for the 2018? I looked on Dunlop's site and didn't see the size (for the rear).

EDIT - looked up the manual. OEM tires :

FR 130/70R18M/C 63H Bridgestone/G853 radial J (T/L)

RR 200/55R16M/C 77H Bridgestone/G852 radial J (T/L)

Edited by XV1100SE

WOW!! That bike is loaded. With all the space in those saddles and trunk plus what's tied to the top and the trailer rack, it's amazing that the rear's only half gone..... :thumbsup2: I'd almost be tempted to go to the dark side......

OUTSTANDING YOOP!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool: Now thats what I call gettin er done brother!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like your doing awesome on that rear tire IMHO. Dont know about you or others but it always seemed like the last 1/2 of my rear tires like to evaporate quicker then and the 1st half (especially if the roads ahead involve hot desert tarmac). Sounds like you are well versed in already doing so, but it may not be a bad idea to keep an eye on er. It will be interesting to see what you come up with for total miles out of it. How's the MPG's? F.I. and running high torque w/ overdrive - my guess is +40?

Thanks for the pic and the ride along = both greatly appreciated and enjoyed!!!:thumbsup:

Hey Cowpuc, thanks for the nomination! Been averaging 38 mpg running 80 on the superslab and 15-45 and heavy throttle pulling out of the switchbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Cowpuc, thanks for the nomination! Been averaging 38 mpg running 80 on the superslab and 15-45 and heavy throttle pulling out of the switchbacks.

Your more then welcome Yoop - you two EARNED that award IMHO..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would love to see/hear more of your ride reporting brother!!!!! Be safe and have fun out there CTFW!!!!

5100 miles and 50% of tire left?

Might be hot hot hot tarmack related Don... I chased a 404 off the back of Tweeks one time in just over 3000 miles by CTFW on that western stuff that will melt the soles of your tenner shoes and you really truly can fry an egg on.. Funny stuff and definitely different then what we experience here in the mid west IMHO...

Might be hot hot hot tarmack related Don... I chased a 404 off the back of Tweeks one time in just over 3000 miles by CTFW on that western stuff that will melt the soles of your tenner shoes and you really truly can fry an egg on.. Funny stuff and definitely different then what we experience here in the mid west IMHO...

I was referring to the D404 not being "long life". The E3's definitely last much longer...2 to 3 times the mileage of a D404. I also don't think the D404's are "strong enough" to take the weight of a Venture. Think they are meant more for cruisers.

5100 miles and 50% of tire left? What brand/model of tire came with the bike?

From previous posts a Dunlop D404 on a 2nd Gen gets about the same mileage you are seeing. Running a Dunlop E3 on mine I get about 30,000 km front and back. Mileage difference makes me think that the D404 tire isn't sturdy enough for the weight of the 2nd Gen. Might be recommended/rated for the Venture but either way too soft or can't properly handle the weight of the bike.

When you replace the tires are there very many options in the size for the 2018? I looked on Dunlop's site and didn't see the size (for the rear).

EDIT - looked up the manual. OEM tires :

FR 130/70R18M/C 63H Bridgestone/G853 radial J (T/L)

RR 200/55R16M/C 77H Bridgestone/G852 radial J (T/L)

Riding in 105 degree temps and 80 mph with a load sure took its toll on the tread. Bike looks loaded and it is but way under 200 lbs total weight so I don’t think that was the main issue.

WOW!! That bike is loaded. With all the space in those saddles and trunk plus what's tied to the top and the trailer rack, it's amazing that the rear's only half gone..... :thumbsup2: I'd almost be tempted to go to the dark side......

Had to bring the electric guitar and amp! Without the camping gear would be much more manageable but the bike is handling the 175 extra pounds fine.