IGNORED

A bike for a buddy needs fixing.

a1bummer

I picked up an old 78 Honda CB400 TII Hawk that was in really good condition for a friend of mine that has never ridden before. After I got my VR he went out and got his MC lisence so he could ride too. There is no way I am gonna let a greenhorn ride my VR, so I've been keeping an eye out for a good first bike for him to get used to before getting a real bike. Anyhow, I got this CB400 from a classmate for free. He said it would still start but ran like crap. He had it for a lot of year and could never let it just go to the boneyard. Ya, it would start, but only would run on the 2nd cylinder. I pulled the plugs and the first thing I saw was splitfire plugs:bang head:. First thought was a hole burnt in the piston. Stuck my thumb over the plug hole and started it up. No compression! Got a flashlight out and turned the piston to TDC. The hole is about an inch or so big. I've seen way to many vehicles come into my shop that had some sort of severe problems due to some fancy type of sparkplugs. Now that I've made this short story really long, anybody know where to get old Honda parts at a reasonable price:confused24:?