Yammer Dan’s obituary & arrangements

Skid

Daniel Madison Woods

b. Tue., Aug. 30, 1949 - d. Sat., May 5, 2018

Visitation

12:00 PM to 1:00 PM, Sat., May 12, 2018

Funeral Service

1:00 PM Sat., May 12, 2018

Daniel Madison Woods Sr., 68, of Ivydale, passed away Saturday, May 5, 2018.

Born August 30, 1949 in Charleston, he was the son of the late Elmer Woods and Virgie (Gunnoe) Gill. In addition to his parents he was also preceded in death a niece, Taylor Woods

Daniel was retired Correctional officer at M.O.C.C, was an Army veteran and highly respected member of the Venture Riders.org

Daniel is survived by his wife of 37 years, Patsy (Nicholson) Woods; children, Daniel Madison Woods Jr. (Angela), Robert Woods, James (April) Woods, Amanda (John) Helms, Shawn Woods (Marsha Farnell), Jessica (John) Reynolds, Danielle Jarvis, Paul Naylor, Stacy Shamblin, Barbara Nicholson Watson (adopted daughter); siblings, Randy Woods, Joe Woods, Roger DeBoard, Mary Ann Slater and Eddie Blake; twenty-seven grandchildren.

Service will be held 1:00 P.M. Saturday May 12, at Wilson-Shamblin-Smith Funeral Home, Clay.

Friends may gather with family one hour prior to the service at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers the family would like donation to be sent to St. Jude.

On-line condolences may be sent to the family at www.carlwilsonfuneralhome.com

Wilson-Shamblin-Smith Funeral Home is honored to be serving the Woods family.

Edited by Skid

This was a tough day, but I am very glad that Linda and I came to Dan's service. One thing I can sure say about Dan, he had a very big family. I never realized he had so many kids and grand kids and great grand kids that he had.

It was good to see Skid and frogman(?) and their wives, but I did not get to visit much. Linda and I meandered cross country just putting along thru the West Virginia country side and it does get very remote. We visited the New River Bridge and drove down to the river and I have to say, this is an amazing engineering feat.

This sure does make you think about getting older and how precious life is.

Randy

Linda and I just made it home a few minutes ago. We put about 600 miles on the Miata and only about 30 miles was interstate. We even ended up on a gravel road. A lot of riding in the boonies. We saw a lot of variation in gas prices for regular gas with a high of $2.97 in WV to a low of $2.44 close to home.

It was a good weekend and I am so glad that we went and am really going to miss Dan also. It just doesn't seem real.

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy